Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Query

liami
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Quick question as slightly confused and can't seem to get an answer which is clear.

If I have the £14 Sim Only contract (30 days) - Am I able to get O2 Travel for £4.99 a day when I go there?

Getting confused as some O2 Travel only applies to people with 12month only contract etc when I asked O2 in store. 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@liami wrote:
Sorry, when I go to Cape Verde.

O2 person said that for some O2 Travel I need to have a 20GB+ Package on 12 month contract or something to qualify for some O2 Travel things... Doesn’t specify anywhere which.

That was pretty misleading information from an O2 staff member....

They were probably talking about O2 Travel Inclusive, which IS only available on selected tariffs.

Free O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone is available with selected phones and tablets on our 4GB, and 15GB and above O2 Refresh tariffs, as well as our £20 and above 12 month sim only tariffs. It’s not available on any other sim only tariff, O2 Refresh tariffs below 4GB, or 5GB and 10GB O2 Refresh tariffs.

However, as said above, you would be eligible for the normal O2 Travel at £4.99 a day.

Best advice is to use Wifi wherever possible. You will save a lot of money  this way wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@liami When you go where? See this link. It might help: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad. If you're still unsure, contact customer service. 202 on your phone is a free call.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

liami
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 person said that for some O2 Travel I need to have a 20GB+ Package on 12 month contract or something to qualify for some O2 Travel things... Doesn’t specify anywhere which.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@liami wrote:

Hi, 

If I have the £14 Sim Only contract (30 days) - Am I able to get O2 Travel for £4.99 a day when I go there?

Yes, the O2 Travel bolt on is available on any contract for destinations outside the EU which are covered by the O2 travel destinations.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

For destinations within the EU you can use your phone as you would when at home with no additional charges.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

cv.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@liami wrote:

That was pretty misleading information from an O2 staff member....

They were probably talking about O2 Travel Inclusive, which IS only available on selected tariffs.

Free O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone is available with selected phones and tablets on our 4GB, and 15GB and above O2 Refresh tariffs, as well as our £20 and above 12 month sim only tariffs. It’s not available on any other sim only tariff, O2 Refresh tariffs below 4GB, or 5GB and 10GB O2 Refresh tariffs.

However, as said above, you would be eligible for the normal O2 Travel at £4.99 a day.

Best advice is to use Wifi wherever possible. You will save a lot of money  this way wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

liami
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, that clears it up - Thanks!

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff