Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive - confused!

Harrysmum2008
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi to anyone who remembers me, it's been a while since I posted.

As the title says, I'm confused by O2 Travel Inclusive.  I spoke to Live Chat this morning as I wanted my PAC to move to Three for their Go Roam.  I was offered O2 Travel Inclusive and decided to go ahead but now I'm having second thoughts as I've found online that data it throttled after 150MB.  I spoke to customer services who said it's unlikely that it would be but I've found so many posts complaining about speed that I'm now regretting staying!

Has anyone been to the US and had decent speeds? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Marjo, I'm still waiting unfortunately.  Tomorrow is day 30 so I'm hoping it'll come through then...

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 51 of 64

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Harrysmum2008 wrote:

Hi @Marjo, I'm still waiting unfortunately.  Tomorrow is day 30 so I'm hoping it'll come through then...

Ok cheers for the update, if you've made no progress by tomorrow then, please pop back in and let us know and we'll check for you to make sure there are no issues with it.

Message 52 of 64

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Nothing received this morning so I gave customer services a call.  Apparently they don't refund unless the customer calls and requests it! 

According to the information on the website I should only have had to have called if the refund was less than £20 and any refund for more than that is processed automatically.  I pointed that out and all I was told was 'I don't know why it says that'. 

The refund has now been processed and should be in my bank in 7 working days which is a ridiculous amount of time.  We'll see if it actually materialises!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 53 of 64

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Harrysmum2008 wrote:

According to the information on the website I should only have had to have called if the refund was less than £20 and any refund for more than that is processed automatically.  I pointed that out and all I was told was 'I don't know why it says that'. 

That was confirmed by @MercedesS a while back.

Maybe @Marjo can double check and confirm?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 54 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

How absolutely ridiculous. Anything to hang onto your money just that bit longer. Also shows customer services need some more training!! Hope this is sorted soon @Harrysmum2008 £200 is a lot of money to be out of pocket.Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 64

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, happy to double check the information on the website in case anything's changed. Sorry to hear about the time it has taken and the confusion around the process @Harrysmum2008. 😞 Good to hear it was finally processed for you though. Hopefully it arrives now without any issues!

Message 56 of 64

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It would be good if you could clarify @Marjo.  I wonder how many people think they will automatically get a refund but forget as it hasn't arrived - a nice little earner for O2!  It would also help if the customer service staff could sound slightly interested when they are told there is conflicting information on the website!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 57 of 64

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I can't believe it, I finally have my refund!  I was expecting it to take the full 7 working days but it was in my bank this morning.  

I still think it's ridiculous that O2 expect you to jump through hoops to get your money back, especially when it's been taken due to their mistake, but at least it's now sorted.

Thanks for all your advice!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 58 of 64

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
At last!
Well done slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 59 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great news @Harrysmum2008. Don't spend it all at once at once wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 64