Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 2: Apprentice

Re: O2 Travel Inclusive - confused!

Hi @Marjo, I'm still waiting unfortunately.  Tomorrow is day 30 so I'm hoping it'll come through then...

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Former Staff

@Harrysmum2008 wrote:

Hi @Marjo, I'm still waiting unfortunately.  Tomorrow is day 30 so I'm hoping it'll come through then...

Ok cheers for the update, if you've made no progress by tomorrow then, please pop back in and let us know and we'll check for you to make sure there are no issues with it.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Nothing received this morning so I gave customer services a call.  Apparently they don't refund unless the customer calls and requests it! 

According to the information on the website I should only have had to have called if the refund was less than £20 and any refund for more than that is processed automatically.  I pointed that out and all I was told was 'I don't know why it says that'. 

The refund has now been processed and should be in my bank in 7 working days which is a ridiculous amount of time.  We'll see if it actually materialises!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Topics: 574
Solutions: 16,174

@Harrysmum2008 wrote:

According to the information on the website I should only have had to have called if the refund was less than £20 and any refund for more than that is processed automatically.  I pointed that out and all I was told was 'I don't know why it says that'. 

That was confirmed by @MercedesS a while back.

Maybe @Marjo can double check and confirm?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 767

How absolutely ridiculous. Anything to hang onto your money just that bit longer. Also shows customer services need some more training!! Hope this is sorted soon @Harrysmum2008 £200 is a lot of money to be out of pocket.Smiley Mad

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Former Staff

Hi guys, happy to double check the information on the website in case anything's changed. Sorry to hear about the time it has taken and the confusion around the process @Harrysmum2008. Smiley Sad Good to hear it was finally processed for you though. Hopefully it arrives now without any issues!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

It would be good if you could clarify @Marjo.  I wonder how many people think they will automatically get a refund but forget as it hasn't arrived - a nice little earner for O2!  It would also help if the customer service staff could sound slightly interested when they are told there is conflicting information on the website!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!

I can't believe it, I finally have my refund!  I was expecting it to take the full 7 working days but it was in my bank this morning.  

I still think it's ridiculous that O2 expect you to jump through hoops to get your money back, especially when it's been taken due to their mistake, but at least it's now sorted.

Thanks for all your advice!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Topics: 574
Solutions: 16,174

At last!
Well done Smiley Happy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 767

Great news @Harrysmum2008. Don't spend it all at once at once wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker