Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive - confused!

Harrysmum2008
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi to anyone who remembers me, it's been a while since I posted.

As the title says, I'm confused by O2 Travel Inclusive.  I spoke to Live Chat this morning as I wanted my PAC to move to Three for their Go Roam.  I was offered O2 Travel Inclusive and decided to go ahead but now I'm having second thoughts as I've found online that data it throttled after 150MB.  I spoke to customer services who said it's unlikely that it would be but I've found so many posts complaining about speed that I'm now regretting staying!

Has anyone been to the US and had decent speeds? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Complaints process is here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Use the "Resolver" option for best results and if it ends in stalemate you can escalate to OFCOM.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin

Yes O2 Travel Inclusive turned out to be a real farce.

Make a complaint here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain and make sure you demand those roaming charges be refunded

Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 64

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Cleoriff hello.

you know roaming and o2 go together lol.

ive seen it a couple of times now.

O2 12 month sim have to be £20 or more per month.

but this month £15 gig of data is £20 and includes o2 Travel Inclusive.

but I’ve seen the £15 cheaper than £20 and didn’t include it.

So another question we have to ask is what do you pay a month, 

so for sim sim only it’s £20 and more.

for the new tariffs it’s still saying 4GB, and 15GB above are covered.  But not 5gb or 10GB. 

71E7CBA7-B3DA-4CF0-AB40-B78E6142B922.jpeg

63EAD56A-69B4-4FA7-A239-AA54D61C1D66.jpeg

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 33 of 64

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Martin

you will see the charges, but they should be removed in 3 hours.  If on longer I would call them.

roaming is confusing at best of times and you seem to have have one bad experience to another.  There is def some issues with the o2 system and I would have hoped it was tested before hand 😳.

Along time ago when o2 Travel first came out I experience very simular issues.  I was paying £1.99 a day but saw £70+ in data charges.  I am talking years ago, but back then there was a issue with the system not removing the data charges and it had to be done by hand then rebilled. Was a nightmare I have to admit. 

Just so so sorry you have had all these issues.  Please do keep us informed how you get on and good luck

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

3D18700E-7A14-460D-BBAD-968155EB901E.jpeg

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 34 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@darrengfI know... but even you have to admit O2 did not get Travel Inclusive sorted correctly even when people had the correct tariff.

It did cause no end of problems, particularly when in the US and Canada.

One question please, is O2 Travel Inclusive ONLY available if you bought your phone/tariff from O2 directly?

Just wondering about those people who bought from CPW but on the O2 Network...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 64

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's not exclusive to O2 direct sales.
It is tariff dependant but doesn't matter where bought from.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good. Ben must have it then...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 64

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff yes o2 Travel Inclusive has been a nightmare for everyone.  It’s great what they have done, but just seems so bad at being implemented or system issues.

Yes o2 Travel Inclusive can be purchased with tariffs from CPW Etc

i really hope o2 sort the issues out especially the data not working. 

Its just confusing when one month they have say 15 gig at £18 and no o2 Travel Inclusive and this month it’s £20 for 15 gig with o2 Travel Inclusive.

it’s just not easy.

Message 38 of 64

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi again!  @Martin I can't believe the problems you've had, I hope they get sorted.  Not that it's any good now you're home.

I decided not to chance O2 Travel Inclusive and switched to 3.  There's also supposed to be better coverage in some UK locations so, if that's the case, I'll be happy.  

What I'm not happy about is my final bill.  I'd already changed my tariff with O2 but decided to use the 14 day cooling off period and get my PAC.  When I received the final bill from O2 they'd charged me the full year at the new tariff, nearly £200!  I spoke to customer services who agreed this was wrong and raised a credit request which I can see in recent charges in My O2.  When I checked my bank account this morning the full amount had been taken.  How will I get the credit that I'm owed?  Will it be automatically sent to my bank next month or do I have to request a cheque?  I really want it sooner rather than later as I don't have a spare £200 to give to O2!

Thanks in advance.

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 39 of 64

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Harrysmum2008

Is this any use to you? It shows you all the ways you will be refunded, dependent on your payment method. It also gives time scales https://www.o2.co.uk/finalbillrefund

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 64