cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive (75 countries) - Is this no longer available on sim only contracts?

mmmmhhhh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has the O2 Travel Inclusive (75 countries) extra gone from sim only contracts? It looks like theirs now a Virgin offer instead (which clearly won't be of much use for those without Virgin)? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@mmmmhhhh

Having just checked the shop, it looks as if you are correct. I have looked at 12 and 24 month sim only plans and O2 Travel Inclusive has gone. What a nuisance to say the least! Like you I don't have Virgin Broadband, neither wull I be changing to it!

Sim only oct 21.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

mmmmhhhh
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It looks as though O2 are now the same as BT Mobile. eg. You only get the good benefits if you use their broadband.

Virgin have taken a mainstream mobile provider and made them irrelevant to those not using Virgin broadband. It seems like a really odd move for such a big provider like O2 and not a sub-brand (eg. like BT Mobile is of EE).

Message 3 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Its a JV not a take over and plans change all the time, so this is more than likely due to this.. 

Than anything more nefarious... 

Virgin Mobile is still changing to Vodafone as its provider, and there dodgy Belgian Sim cards... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Either way @madasaf1sh  as a sim only customer like @mmmmhhhh, they HAVE removed O2 travel inclusive which was a gift for travellers and replaced it with something we neither want or need 🙄

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

madasaf1sh
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Can't the same be said for the o2 travel inclusive @Cleoriff not everyone wanted or used it....   

I agree its annoying but its only for new customers, or those who change the tariff / to sim only... 

Message 6 of 13

jeanlyon
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on the Classic PAYG and just noticed I am opted out of o2 Travel.  Last time I used my phone abroad was in 2019 and I paid the same rates as I do in the UK.  So what am I opted out of?

Message 7 of 13

madasaf1sh
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@jeanlyon 

It sounds like the system has removed it as EU roaming is included anyway in all plans

Message 8 of 13

lioness
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK thanks.  Is there any way to check when I last topped up.  This is my husbands phone and he is 82 and hardly uses it.  With Classic PAYG do you have to top up every so often or just make a call?

Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@lioness  With Classic PAYG a top up is required at least once every 999 days and a chargeable call is required at least once every 6 months.

Using data or sending a text does not count and it must be a call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13