Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Text and Web

I decided to begin the upgrade process for this on the 16th of this month. Now on the 17th(the next day) i received a text which said "You'll move to Text and Web in the next 48 hours" the next day i get another message "You'll move to Text and Web on your next anniversary date or within the next 72 hours"
i wake up today with a message on my phone. Finally i think, im now on Text and Web. I read the message and to my surprise it reads this "You'll switch to Text and Web on 16/10" i dont understand ..... from 72 hours to just short of a month to wait? this is rediculous.... no doubt when the 16/10 comes i'll probably get another message telling me wait another month. im growing very impatient!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Text and Web

The same kind of thing happened to me. I first got a text saying i will move to text and web in the next 48hrs and the next day i got one saying 72hrs or my next anniversary date. I then topped up and 72hrs later i got a text saying you now have your text anytime 500 UK texts and to remember to top up again by 20/10/09. So now im going to have to wait untill the 20th and i dont even know if im on text and web or not Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Text and Web

its rediculous! i've held back from topping up even though i really need to use it, havent got money to waste! i should of just removed my O2 sim and stuck in the T-mobile one i got through the post of other day, that £10 unlimited text deal.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Text and Web

Ive now also had a text saying i will move to text and web on the 20/10/09 so im just going to have to wait...
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Text and Web

You can change your free allowance once a month, the change takes 2 to 3 days. You only receive your free allowance once a month on your anniversary date, so you will receive it on the anniversary date following the change.

If you think you should have already received the allowance, then you should phone customer service to get it sorted.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Call customer service to manually fix

Same thing happened to me and a quick call to customer service (4445) and they will manually move you instantly if your topup date has already passed, I was told there was a probelm with their system and were receiving loads of complaints and my d-in-law also had a problem changing hers after we both received all the confirmation messages we were still on text anytime. Both textandweb on our two phones were activated manually within 24hours. .

Yes you can only change your free bolt on once a month but if you havent topped up for over a month or your anniversary date has already passed since joining the new tarrif then you can check you bolt on by dialling 4444 and pressing number the number 2 three times, this is where the problem is lying that it isnt changing so calling customer service is needed to sort it out.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks

Hi Jackie thanks for the post just rang customers services and now have my text and web Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Text and Web

You are welcome, think they would have maybe advertised on their site that there is on ongoing problem with changing.

At least you are up and running now and hope this helps other people in the same boat.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Text and Web

^^^ Thanks. Same thing happened to me regarding getting those texts about 48/72 hours then to anniversary date.

Just rang o2 and they're putting me on textandweb for tomorrow! woop!