Did you mean: 

O2 Switch Up disaster

becess
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice as I'm starting to pull my hair out trying to get a solution from O2.

I did a switch up and sent my old device back, except they haven't removed it from my bill for 2 months. I've contacted them 8 times and each time I get told it's due to a different reason (e.g the phone hasn't been processed, the phone hasn't been received, the phone hasn't been put in the system correctly).

Each time I speak to them, they say they're "escalating" it to their managers and I will hear back in X amount of time... but I never do. So then I chase them again and the cycle repeats. The frustrating part is that I have proof of delivery and O2 even emailed me to say they got the phone, it meets their standards and they'll be removing it from my bill. I've submitted a formal complaint but in the meantime, I want to know if should keep paying my direct debit despite knowing its wrong?

I obviously don't mind paying for my actual contract but I'm currently paying for 2 devices, 1 device I no longer have.. 

I've wrote to my bank about it to see if they're able to help and I'll be contacting citizens advice on Monday. 

Any further advice would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149412 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@becess 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

JSH2644
  • 16 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got the same email confirming they got the phone safely 25 days ago. Still haven’t paid the old device off and have just been charged on my latest bill also.

Message 3 of 7

becess
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not just me then! It's madness for such a big company to be doing this

Message 4 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@JSH2644 wrote:

I got the same email confirming they got the phone safely 25 days ago. Still haven’t paid the old device off and have just been charged on my latest bill also.

I suggest that you @JSH2644 also follow the guidance of @MI5 above and contact O2 via social media. 

The social media team are based in the UK and have a good record of solving customer problems. 👍  

Message 5 of 7

Pipstop78
Level 11: Motivator
  • 639 Posts
  • 251 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Glad I went into the 02 shop to do my switch up 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149412 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

As we always advise @Pipstop78 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 7