Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

O2 Subscription discount removed

hi, i've recently upgraded and my subscription/loyalty discount has been removed. i had been on an 18 month contract and had a discount of £15 on an 18 month £30 tariff. i only took out the initial contract because of the discount. i upgraded and understood the loyalty discount would continue but it appears not. where do i stand?
Anonymous

You have 14 days to return it from when you upgraded. The discount was only for your previous contract, now you have entered a new contract it is no longer valid.
Anonymous

Is an upgrade a new contract or an extension to an existing contract?
Anonymous

Its a new contract, you're previous one ended and you are agreeing to a new one.
Anonymous

yep your upgrade is basically an agreement for the new contract - any discounts or perks from your old contract are not automatically added.

as said - if you do not want the new deal then cancel it within 14 days. However your discount was only added for 18 months so will have expired anyway (even if you had not upgraded)
Anonymous

KPM same here I went to upgrade my phone and told I can no longer stay on that contract... I have decided to leave 02 as one person tells you one thing and another tells you different.. There is so much more choice out there and 02 does not give a hoot to loyalty with existing customers... Especially with what they take from us every month!!
Anonymous

The discount was for your previous contract. As you upgraded, you took out a new contract. Unless the new contract specifically states that you'd be getting that loyalty discount, as soon as the 18 months is up from the old contract, it's taken off automatically.

And no, customer services are unable to add this discount back on, so don't even bother.

Another thing, please be aware of where exactly you stand with your contract, if you find you can't afford the bills without the discount, and it's after the 14 days, there is nothing you can do other than pay it or cancel and pay the term fees.
Anonymous

Oh gawd!

Here we go! I am not an O2 fan boy, but I will say this!!!

Check what others are paying for the service you have been provided. If they are paying more, be grateful and don't assume your discount will last forever or get cheaper!

I have never had a discount in 18yrs of using mobile phones, but never felt I ought to have had! :mansurprised:
Anonymous

Re: O2 Subscription discount removed

i have just experienced the wrath of bad 02 customer services for the last three days. No one ever informed that i would lose my discount once i was due an upgrade and have to pay a full amount, not only that ive been charged extra for it. so instead of paying 20 pounds this month im paying 39+. why on earthhh would i stay on 35 pounds for what, half a month, and pay practically double the amount, when i couldve been on sim only. what makes it worse, that i called up 02 about a dozen times spoke to a dozen different people, and even though im saying im paying 20 now how can i get close to that, noone bothers to tell me, "erm no your not paying 20 quid at all."
the managers going to call me back tomorow but i can sense im going to be paying 39.50 for absolutely sillyness. frankly i don't even think he's going to call.
02 dont really seem to offer any kind of loyalty discount anymore, having got a new contract today its the same if i joined another network as a new customer. after experiencing this overcharge, i feel like i should never have stayed with o2 and even feel like cancelling my contract. but i get a new phone tomorow so we shall see what happens with that.
and why is that companies tend to offer you one thing one moment and as soon as you go to buy it, everything suddenly changes if you don't confirm exactly what it is that ur getting.
o2 offered me a contract of 30 pounds for 18 months, i phoned back 3 times during the day, and it stayed the same and a note was made on my account. next day, oh no its 35 a month just as i said yes i want it, hmmm. so ur telling me 3 different people lied to me? the same thing happened at orange, one min it was 30 and next min it was 35.. and instore at tmobile, one min it was 18 months next it was 24 months.
i think phone contracts and phone companies are getting ridiculous now.