cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Student Open Offer...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking to upgrade early on my contract (O2 Refresh) and after a hard battle, I finally got my O2 student discount (NUS Card) applied to my tariff, thanks to numerous misinformations and complaints.

However, looking at the upgrades - I am able to have the ~tariff~ discount applied if I get the iPhone 7 - but not with the 7 plus?! It seems unreasonable as both phones are just as popular as I know they've not long been released, but I find it to be really strange that they've only put a ban on the plus for the discount. Plus, the discount doesn't even alter the handset price, just the actual tariff I'm placed on itself so to me - it makes even less sense.

Surely they should be encouraging existing people to upgrade especially since they push so hard for the Refresh contracts and how great it is to upgrade early if you want to!

I'm hoping O2 look hard and long especially if they want their customers to remain loyal, considering there are much better deals out there currently and I'm considering leaving altogether if it means I'm going to be saving in the long run.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'm sure it's all iPhone 7's and it's only ever the airtime that's discounted. Never the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope! If you look on the terms and conditions part of the student page at the very bottom, it only specifically states the iPhone 7 plus.

http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer?cm_mmc=affiliate-_-122965-_-blank-_-blank#exclusions

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Ok well it's still only ever airtime.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly, which is the point I'm trying to make - why should there be an exclusion on the new models if it's not affecting the cost of the actual handset and only the tariff? When they're getting more than enough money from me from the early upgrade AND the upfront cost of the handset anyway?

Just seems pointless to me.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'd tend to agree but they don't need to promote iPhones I guess?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I kinda think it's rude penalising people who want to upgrade and particularly I'd have been even more hacked off if this was my actual upgrade time, if we aren't allowed the discount!

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Have you thought of making an official complaint ?
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I could, but honestly - would that get me any further or with the result I want? Probably not.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Might make you feel better though wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10