Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

O2 Simplicity roaming charges / All ireland tarriff

I live in Northern Ireland but work very close to the border with the republic. I am on the O2 simplicity tarriff, topping up £10 a month for unlimited texts and 100 free minutes. That's fine from home but the only network coverage i have in work is from O2 Ireland and sending texts or receiving calls in work is costing a fortune. Does anyone know if O2 have an all Ireland Tarriff i should be on as i dont want to pay for unlimited texts and then be charged to send them because of their lack of coverage.
Thanks
Anonymous

Re: O2 Simplicity roaming charges / All ireland tarriff

There is an Ireland bolt on that I had added for free that lowers the cost in Eire, but not sure if you get it free on PAYG as I'm on contract. Worth looking into though.
Edit, not sure if simplicity counts as contract. It may well so well worth checking out!
Brendan
Anonymous

You could also sign up for the My Europe Extra Bolt on.
Its £10 / month and calls in the EU are free to receive. That means when friends ring ... you won't be charged to pick up the phone anymore.
Now your paying 0.14p / min to answer. It could save you alot of money depending on how many mins you use a month.
Anonymous

thanks for advice, will look into it
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
O2 announced several years ago that they had abolished roaming charges between the north and the south of Ireland (http://www.o2.com/cr/report2005-06/mobi ... eland.html).
This page is still on their website.
What is the true situation?
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

[ Edited ]
O2 announced several years ago that they had abolished roaming charges between the north and the south of Ireland (http://www.o2.com/cr/report2005-06/mobi ... eland.html).
This page is still on their website.
What is the true situation?

That says o2 ireland customers not o2 uk customers so has no relevance to uk payg charges.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services