cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Simplicity Plans

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that all the simplicity plans have gone up by at least 50p, but they are all now 4G ready - so you can get 4G (albeit only 100mb of it) for £8.50.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Sounds like you have iData as your apn but don't have iData active on your account.
2 Choices - either call cs to have iData enabled or change your apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you people.Tried & checked the link above and all present and correct but still no joy.So as suggested I called CS to get the iData activated on my account which will be done from midnight tonight.When I called & said I had an iPhone 5 the guy instantly knew the problem,and said if the sim I had was for any other device other than the iPhone it would have worked straight away.Thing is,my account here lists my device as an iPhone 5,when asked when changing to Simplicity I told them I had an iPhone 5 so why wasn't it activated anyway when it was sent out to me if it was a known problem with said device ? Odd goings on to me that.Oh well,it's been fun lol NOT !
Message 43 of 45

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Some people prefer iData and some prefer mobile.o2.co.uk so it's left down to user choice.
I don't think it's fair to call it a problem, I'd say more "choice".
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 44 of 45

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

All will be well tomorrow then. Been a roller-coaster for you...:smileywink:

Message 45 of 45