cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Sim only monthly online offers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, on the 15th September I changed my contract to a sim only contract, this was due to my contract coming to a end and I wanted to keep my existing phone.

I visited the O2 website and chose an offer of a12 month contract with 6gb of data, unlimited calls and text - this is currently showing as on offer at £17 per month, the original price was £26, so a saving of £9 per month, which I thought was great.

on receiving my confirmation email I noted the monthly cost is showing £26.

I contacted O2 via livechat who said it would take 24hrs to apply the discount, however, it is now almost 48hrs later and the discount has still not been applied.

I have again spoken to O2 via livechat who insist the offer is not on their website and I will be charged £26 per month going forward.

O2, can you look into this please or even just have your livechat team actually look at your own website and try and solve this.

Regards,

Paul F

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Good morning paul1804.

This is not O2. This is a customer to customer forum assisting other customers with their device problems; excluding account issues.

You can contact O2 via the following link: http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You should see the discount when your bill is generated, O2 always show the full price of the tariff but remove the discounted amount each month.

I did exactly the same. Took out a sim only contract only for £18 with a 50% discount for the first 6 months.

When I received my bill it showed £18 with a minus £9.00 figure on the download bill page

When you receive you bill...follow this community guide and it will show the amount you actually pay each month (download bill section is the last but one image shown in the guide)

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-do-I-get-to-the-Download-Bill-page/ba-p/1014096

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Look in your bolt on section and your should have one for the discount.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sam here discount is applied to your bill. If you go into my o2 via a browser and click on your tariff - click on boltons you should see a loyalty credit as well which will be your discount for the 12 months.
Message 5 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, on the 15th September I changed my contract to a sim only contract, this was due to my contract coming to a end and I wanted to keep my existing phone.

I visited the O2 website and chose an offer of a12 month contract with 6gb of data, unlimited calls and text - this is currently showing as on offer at £17 per month, the original price was £26, so a saving of £9 per month, which I thought was great.

on receiving my confirmation email I noted the monthly cost is showing £26.

I contacted O2 via livechat who said it would take 24hrs to apply the discount, however, it is now almost 48hrs later and the discount has still not been applied.

I have again spoken to O2 via livechat who insist the offer is not on their website and I will be charged £26 per month going forward.

O2, can you look into this please or even just have your livechat team actually look at your own website and try and solve this.

Regards,

Paul F

As someone else said... your bolt-ons should show the discount (mine's an O2 Open discount of -25%, shown to the left of the red-outlined section in the screenshot below), @Anonymous

20**Personal info** 22_22_06-O2 _ My device.png

Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous can you see the discount under your My O2 account? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7