cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 STUDENT OFFER LIE?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am interested particularly in £50 FREE credit for Pay Monthly customers. I was speaking to O2 customer service 4 different people over phone. And can't explain me how to I get this offer. Neither customer service representatives nore at the store. They have no idea!!!

http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer

Who has the same issue? Can O2 give official answer for this matter?!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're through to Marcus.

Marcus: Hi I'm Marcus. How can I help?

me: Hi Marcus

Marcus: Hi Marlen.

me: I just found an ofer for studets on http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer

Marcus: Okay, let me check this for you.

me: I am interested particularly in £50 FREE credit for Pay Monthly customers. Could you possibly tell me what is procedure to get this offer?

Marcus: You can either call our sales team on 0800 954 1412 or you need to visit our nearest O2 store with your student ID card stating that you're above 18 years of age and are eligible to enter a contract.
me: I have just entered a new contract. Can I still apply?

Marcus: Can I know how many days have passed for your recent contract?
me: About 2 hours
me: In the store they said that never heard about it

Marcus: Then you can cancel your contract free of cost and have a new contract.
me: And there was a big queue for iphone and they advised me not to bother them now

me: OK. Thanks.

Message 2 of 9

sheepdog
  • 3175 Posts
  • 30 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Did you give the store or the first contacts in CS the URL of the offer? The information may not have got through or that you caught it on release (either way, still bad comms on o2) but bear in mind with CS being overwhelmed with iphone 5 queries, it may have got lost.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of these offers are retail store only and generally only doable at point of sale.  Give the store a call and see if they can help, if not it might be return / re-order and do it that way.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

This offer is only available through the O2 Telesales team. Customer services do not deal with this.

Call the number 08009541412 and mention the 'O2 Open promotion for students' and the agent will be able to advise. If for any reason they don't know about it (they should!) then their team manager will.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I replied to your original comment but I've just noticed that you've already taken your contract out. If you call the number anyway and explain that you have taken out your contract and mentioned the O2 Open deal to the advisor but you don't believe it was added - then they'll get someone to check that out for you.

Thanks.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true,

I went to the offers student page, for example the main site lumia 610 is for 99.99, but for student it is 116.99, 17% more expensive than normal customer and on top it says 10% student discount.

I think student get jack s*** from o2. If this is not true prove it O2

thanks

Message 7 of 9

sheepdog
  • 3175 Posts
  • 30 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Very true,

I went to the offers student page, for example the main site lumia 610 is for 99.99, but for student it is 116.99, 17% more expensive than normal customer and on top it says 10% student discount.

I think student get jack s*** from o2. If this is not true prove it O2

thanks

And if you click the link it takes you to the PAYG page at the now reduced price of £99. A discussion with CS over the difference will probably result in the student discount. Seems between the offer being put up and your post and the OP, the prices have been reduced. 

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@a256850 have you called O2 to discuss your concerns.  If so, what did they say?

Message 9 of 9