cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 SHARER DATA TARIFS MINI GUIDE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inspired by a recent post and because there has been a bit of confusion about this I've made a "Quick" guide for The O2 Data Tarifs...Hope you find it useful! slight_smile

What do I need to set up

a Sharer Plan?

The owner of the leader device needs to be:

On an O2 Refresh Airtime Plan taken out after 28 February 2014 with 1 GB or above and a Shared

Data Bolt On. If you take out a new O2 Refresh tariff, you can choose this Bolt On from the start. If

you’re already on a compatible O2 Refresh tariff,you can swap your normal data Bolt On for a

Shared Data Bolt On.

Registered on My O2

Each member device needs to be:

On a new O2 Refresh or compatible Sim only tariff

Registered in the leader device owner’s name and My O2 profile. The accounts

What Is It / Who can have it?

There are a number of different tariffs available for Sharer Data and these are known as Sharer Plans. There are two main types of tariff for customers that want to create a Sharer group: Leader tariffs (also known as ‘Leader Sharer Plans’) and Member tariffs (also know ‘Member Sharer Plans’). Details of these are listed below:

Only the Leader's data allowance is shared. Other additional products & services - such as O2 Travel - can be added to, or removed from, individual accounts (either Leaders or Members) without any impact on the Sharer group. These products & services will only be available for the mobile number to which they were added so other connections within the group will not be able to use or benefit from them.

This also applies to data roaming caps. Adding a cap, or opting out of it, only affects that individual mobile number so any other connections within the group need to be updated individually as required.

Only UK data can be shared. If the Leader of a group is roaming, their Sharer Data allowance will still be available for all Members to use from the UK. If a Member is roaming, they will not be able to use the Leader's allowance and the standard data roaming charges for their price plan will apply.

Out of allowance charges apply as set out in the applicable price plans for all Leader and Member connections.

Leader Sharer Plans

Leader Sharer Plans are compatible with the following Q1 14 tariffs with 1GB or above:

• 24M Refresh (including 24M / 8GB / CCA / Staff / 4G)
• 24M SIMO (used only in conjunction with Refresh)
• Refresh Data Only
• 24M SIMO Data Only (used only in conjunction with Refresh)

All Leaders must have a Q3 14 Sharer Data bolt-on in order to share their data. If a customer has taken out a Q1 14 tariff with 1GB or above between 28th February 2014 and 10th November 2014, they will need to swap their core data bolt-on for a Sharer bolt-on.

Member Sharer Plans

Member Sharer Plans are available as either Voice & Text or Access to Share Data-only variants.

Voice & Text (all with unlimited calls & texts):

• Refresh (24 month) - £15.00
• SIMO (12 month) - £15.00
• SIMO (30 day) - £18.00

Access to Share Data-only (all with 100 texts):

• Refresh (24 month) - £6.00
• SIMO (30 day) - £8.00

Note- Please bear in mind that offers and tariffs keep on changing so there may be more tariffs to be added or removed in the future

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'm chuffed with phone and tariff just struggling to get my bolt on put back on. Reason we stopped with O2 was due to the family Bolton we had but during the upgrade it got removed. Even after I stated that I wanted to keep it. Anyone had any joy on adding it recently ?
Message 21 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone with the least data on my account seems to be the lead, I never actually asked for shared data but I'd have preferred the 5GB instead of 2GB to be lead, is there any way of changing this?
Message 22 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Have a look in your MYO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 under the shared data section.
From memory, there is an option in there to change any of the connected devices to the lead device.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am really having trouble with this and getting nowhere over the phone

I have a 20gb O2 refresh iPhone

2 pay as you go iPad sim cards

1 500mb O2 refresh iPad

I simply want to share the iphone 20gb data with at least one of the pay as you go iPad sim cards and have recieved nothing but poor adivce over the phone, going in store is inconvenient due to work hours, commitments etc. 

I cannot see a 'shared' data bolt on to add anywhere and myO2 screens do not allow me to select a 'leader' or even share... help please!!!!

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 10.10.45 pm.png

Message 24 of 31

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It looks like your iPhone is set up to share data so you need to change the tariff of the other devices to allow them to be added. CS can do this for you but only contract devices, not payg ones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 31

Boti
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure if this thread still active. I have 10Gb data a month (24M refresh) which will start 12.6.2017 and wanted to share with my daughter but she has no monthly contract sim yet.  Can I buy her a monthly sim contract presetntly (June 2017) which will allow her to share my data or have these plans now stopped?

Message 26 of 31

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You can still share your data providing your tariff is set as a lead
Customer service can check this for you or you can set it in your MyO2.
You will then need to purchase a sharing tariff for your daughter to link to your tariff.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 31

Boti
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. Will go to o2 CS high street as I cannot locate a pay monthly contract which allows data sharing.  Could this product now be discontinued?

Message 28 of 31

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
As far as I'm aware it's still available.

Currently using:
Message 29 of 31

Boti
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, presently of 2GB data allowance I only have 40mb left for 2 days but then i will have gone up to 10Gb on new contract.  I suspect best to wait to see if this will allow data sharing with daughter also on my account.

Another question- if I have 10Gb and want to share data with wife but she has no data sharing contract do i have to buy a new tariff for her? Her present 02 tel number will not allow data sharing (monthly 1Gb contract). The cheapest data sharing tariff appears to be £15per month but at £17 per month she can get a 6Gb contract.

Message 30 of 31