Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Roaming Speed Cap Unusable in USA

chris47
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Switched to O2 primarily because Roaming was included. However buried in T's & C's is the below

There’s no fixed data allowance with O2 Travel, so to manage traffic (including audio and video streaming) we limit the service to 2Mbps​.

I personally would rather pay for a roaming service that is useable currently in the US and will have to get a local SIM what's the point saying you will get 5G if they cap at this level, this is a joke and will be leaving O2 at my earliest Opportunity. This needs to be in the headline marketing rather than buried in Terms

Shocking

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7108 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

And there is me thinking it was O.5Mbs

Regulars on here advise WiFi and Local SIM cards. Usually T-Mobile or AT&T

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 11

chris47
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

bit of a joke though headline marketing Roam like Home  and Roaming Free needs to change

Message 3 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10631 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

How much would you be willing to pay per day to roam at higher speeds than 2mbps?? Im just curious @chris47 

Just bare in mind roaming has costs associated to it, and AT&T and T-Mobile are very good at rinsing not just there own customers but other B2B customers.

And this limit only applies to Business and Private Customers, Enterprise customers are not throttled

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 11

chris47
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

would rather pay £6 per day as in non o2 inclusive destinations to not have speed capped, when traveling you need maps,  & other travel apps currently can't use at all. Fake messaging on free roaming with O2 currently

Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23531 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

I'm not sure where the OP got 2Mbps from, but it clearly states in section 1 that the speed is capped at 500kbps: O2 | Mobile Terms and Conditions - O2 Travel Terms and Conditions

In any event, whether it's 2MB or 0.5MB they're both pitifully slow speeds not usable for much of anything, and saying you can 'roam anywhere' is really a bit of a con.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

chris47
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

number 8 in terms mentions 2Mb, had not noticed 500Kbps in point 1a, either way is a joke

Message 7 of 11

boltona554387
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As OP has said it is unusable.  I got an O2 SIM thinking that this would provide decent coverage in USA & found on leaving the airport that my network speed unable to work any form of navigation!  Wholly inadequate & interestingly business customers are not similarly restricted.  I'll vote ith feet and move to a network that saves me going to AT&T each trip!

Message 8 of 11

Alan85
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was in America last year, and I wish I was getting 2Mbps.

I may as well have been using a Nokia 3210.

Message 9 of 11

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7108 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

@Alan85 wrote:

I was in America last year, and I wish I was getting 2Mbps.

I may as well have been using a Nokia 3210.

It's been upped to 2Mbps 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 11