Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Roaming Issues

Shamrock1PE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I live in Belfast but work in the south of Ireland. I am roaming 5 days a week. I’ve noticed that while roaming I can barely get anything downloaded and I’ve never had 4G, anyone have any advice on how to escalate this to have the throttling removed. It’s seriously limiting me to the point where I’m considering looking at EE or Vodafone...
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

It won't be removed and neither will you get 4g yet I'm afraid (no 4g except on O2-DE in Germany).
We've been moaning about the throttling for years since they introduced O2 travel.
The only way around it was to turn off O2 travel and pay standard rates but not possible now it's all inclusive.

I'd suggest you try different networks via a manual network serch.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

It won't be removed and neither will you get 4g yet I'm afraid (no 4g except on O2-DE in Germany).
We've been moaning about the throttling for years since they introduced O2 travel.
The only way around it was to turn off O2 travel and pay standard rates but not possible now it's all inclusive.

I'd suggest you try different networks via a manual network serch.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

maryofdungloe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry just catching up on threads. Yeah signal ranges depends where in the south ya go. As Bel is part of UK I’d get a pay and go irish sim to use in ROI. signal will be good then as ya won’t be roaming. I get an ROI sim when going to Donegal from uk
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

wrote:
Sorry just catching up on threads. Yeah signal ranges depends where in the south ya go. As Bel is part of UK I’d get a pay and go irish sim to use in ROI. signal will be good then as ya won’t be roaming. I get an ROI sim when going to Donegal from uk

That's good advice though possibly may need to get the phone unlockedhttps://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Message 4 of 4