cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Rewards confusion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I know for a fact I've topped up 13 times in the last 3 months, at £10 a pop. Totalling £130, which should give me £13 in my o2 rewards, right?

Well, I log on  to have a quick look. It says my balance is £0, with £12 to save, and £1 earned since the 1st April. But there is no claim option.

I understand that you might not have the option to claim until the end of the 'quarter' (such an American term), but shouldn't the site say something more like; "This amount will be available to claim after blah blah date (4th April, in this instance) instead?

I find it very perplexing that it's worded how it is, "Available to save" and not anything even remotely close to being able to claim it at any point unless you do some digging. Seems rather misleading. Almost as if o2 are deliberately making it look as if they'll lose it unless they save it, and by doing so, they don't give customers, essentially, free credit.

And, before you all start bashing away at what I've written, I'm merely asking advice, and pointing out that it's not easy for some of us to follow. Yes, dumb as a door post, but still. These things SHOULD be simple. Why? Cause it's a reward, not a mission.

Anyway, thank you for reading, and I look forward to any replies.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the community.

The rewards are reset a few days before the pay out.  The next pay out is 4th April (tomorrow) and therefore the rewards were reset on 31st March.  This happens every 3 months.  Don't worry your rewards haven't disappeared.  Tomorrow text CLAIM to 50202 and you will receive your rewards.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community forum.

There's no "bashing" on here friend. slight_smile

We have had threads in the past from people who have also said that claiming the Rewards had been made much harder with way too many button presses to get the end result.

A person can claim their Rewards by text also.

To claim your reward text 'CLAIM' to 50202, or dial 313 from your mobile.

I usually await for a text telling me when I can claim and how much it is.

Maybe this link can explain better than I could put into words how the Rewards are accrued.

http://www.o2.co.uk/shop/paygotopup/10backontopups
Message 2 of 8

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the community.

The rewards are reset a few days before the pay out.  The next pay out is 4th April (tomorrow) and therefore the rewards were reset on 31st March.  This happens every 3 months.  Don't worry your rewards haven't disappeared.  Tomorrow text CLAIM to 50202 and you will receive your rewards.

I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, my issue is more that the process seems more complex than it needs to be.

Your explanations have cleared up most of my confusion, and I thank you both grin

I do still think that a better explanation should be given, and something on the rewards page to help ease others that may have the same worry as myself.

Thanks again slight_smile

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome.
Message 5 of 8

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I agree @Anonymous  - it should be made clearer - such as a section on O2 allowing you to see the rewards that have been built up within the 3 month period prior to the rewards being given.  I usually text BALANCE to 50202 a day or 2 before the rewards are reset (usually about 30th of the month before the rewards are paid out) and therefore I know how much I will be getting.

Message 6 of 8

3Braces
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I agree @Anonymous and I think it's a shame that O2 haven't made it any clearer since you first posted and others are also still finding this confusing. I've only earned a small amount of rewards but, as every little helps these days, I'd like to save it. When I log in online, the system recognises that I've earned a reward but at the same time it says I have nothing available to save and it doesn't give me the option of saving what it knows I've earned (and I only have a few days left to save it before it's lost!). As I feel I lost significant rewards when I was with O2 in the past as well, I can't help feeling that this rewards system is a bit of a con. Why make the process so cumbersome? Just credit people what they deserve automatically.

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To my way of thinking it would be much better to add the 10% to the phone credit straight away. It was different before whereby those customers who topped up frequently could use the accumulated rewards for purchases and either put towards a phone or an accessory.

I guess they changed payments to make things easier to manage for themselves, definitely not for customer convenience. 

Message 8 of 8