Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Rewards Go Wrong - Spending Gold But Getting Silver

Ok I thought I would vent my frustration on here a bit after the countless calls and emails on this subject.
Been back with O2 now for 14 months, in the 12 months that is stated on the website and in the FAQ's I spent enough to get into the gold tier....but i'm still on Silver.
Called and discussed with customer services who cannot do anything and keep telling me that they actually measure it 3 monthly and my spend had dropped in the last quarter.
Complained about this and was told that no that was wrong and that they have reviewed my account and I would be put into gold, only for it not to happen.
So called back in again and was told that actually my review date was 10 months into my contract, not 12. So that is why I was still in silver, to top if off they added that I couldn't do anything until Jan 2012 when my next review date was.
Emailed customer services again and explained the whole story, asking for someone to make contact with me. Was told that I had to call customer services again!
Fed up of this, I wrote an email on 8/6/2011 to the complaints department to try and clean the matter up who have yet to respond.
Personally I think its poor customer service to badly manage a customer retention scheme of this manner.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this awful round the houses service for this?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: O2 Rewards Go Wrong - Spending Gold But Getting Silver

My impression was that your status is reviewed every twelve months. This does not mean that your review date is twelve months after you take out your contract.
When you first queried this then the difference was 3 months.
Quite a few things work like this (reviews/payments at set times and intervals which) eg. TV Licence.
Hopefully that's a better explanation!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I understand how it can work and why they would break it out into quarters as it is easier to make assumumptions and look at your spend in manageable chunks etc etc etc.
The point I was making is that they failed against what they stated on their website and have no straight forward way of actually fixing an issue like this easily, as i've been chatting to a lot of different people who can't do anything.
If you look through their FAQ's, it states that anyone who starts a new contract is going to have their first review 12 months into the contract, then every 12 months thereafter.
So they just ballsed it up completely by doing mine after 10 months (seems like the system was set for January on mine, wonder if they just do everyones at the same time regardless of when they start?)
Thanks for the response though.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have to say that it seems clear to me that the review happens annually, but not 12 months from the day you join. But I could be wrong.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm sure i've seen some one else post on here that you can request a review... but ican't remember who it was. You could always call and ask if that's possible?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I worked out that I should be getting Gold but was on Silver so spoke to CS and they said I was due for a review in September and I would go onto the Gold yet I am still on Silver. I have spoken to CS again and again and can't get a straight answer from them and each time you phone you get told a different story on how they work out the spending.
Is anyone else having the same problems?
Does anyone know if there is a way to get them to change it to Gold over the phone?
Highlighted
Anonymous

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I am getting so cross, after goodness knows how many calls to O2 I finally get someone on Friday who said they were going to send off a form to get my account change to Gold sorted and within an hour or so he called to say that it had been agreed that my account should be gold and would be changed within 5 days. 6 Days later ....................... no change to my account so I phone O2 again and guess what??????????????????????? No note was put on my account on Friday and the review team don't know anything about it and there is no review date on my account GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Is anyone having the same problem? does anyone know how to get hold of a manager or directors details????
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ok, I'm going to try again after my last reply being deleted! I would appreciate the moderator leaving this one alone.
I too, have exactly the same problem. My annual spend approaches the £1200 mark. Having spent many hours on the phone to Customer service they have informed me that in nearly 4 years my account has not been reviewed. I have been miss informed by somebody claiming to be a customer service manager that they would deal with the issue and to call back in 48 hours. I called beck in 48 hours only to be told that there was no such person working there with that name!! I wouldn't mind, I do not want to leave O2, just upgrade my phone as the one I have does not work and is out of warranty! I was told in no uncertain terms that my Iphone is under warranty by customer service and I could get it repaired! My iphone is nearly 2 years old and this certainly is not the case!
Totally fed up of being shoved from pillar to post by so-called customer service who's method of dealing with my questions appears to be "tell me anything" to get me off the phone.
After nearly 4 years it appears niether customer satisfaction, or loyalty counts for anything!
Very disgruntled nearly ex O2 customer.
Highlighted
Anonymous

A quick update. I'm very pleased to say that retentions have sorted my problem. After days of phone calls to customer services a guy called Bryan on the online chat listened to what I had to say and restored my faith in O2. I don't have a complete resolution to the problems but they have gone a long way towards fixing them!
I do have a new phone on the way to replace my tired old one and I have fixed the problem with my tariff. It took some persistence, and talking to a lot of different people, but I'm almost a happy customer again!!!!!! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi guys,
I contacted 02 approx 3 weeks ago and spoke to a gent who advised me that I was incorrectly on Silver and shoukld be on Gold- he said he would send off a form to get my acocunt updated.
Two weeks later I called to upgrade early and was advised I was silver- I explained the above and was told that I was misinformed and there was nothing they could do. I asked for the call to be listened to and a supervisor to call me back by Tueday........... No call by Tuesday! So I called them and was told the same thing there is nothing they can do. I said to the lady thats not good enough, your team should be adequatley trained to advise customers correctly. Regardless of this there is nothing they could do.....
Any advice?