cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refunds - How Long

Anonymous
Not applicable
So in April I finally had enough of o2's DREADFUL network. A network where of you were on the edge of 4g then calls and texts would fail. A network where you may see h+ on your phone but with no capacity behind it, it wouldn't work. A network where so many areas had no signal at all. A network who's coverage checker is so out of touch that people are complaining to the ASA.

Still, BT & EE beckoned for my 3 mobiles and 1 tablet. Not looked back. Signal much better and h+ works.

Of course I followed the advice from those on here and left my direct debit in place. My o2 mobile went from contract to payg. That was in April. However on the 8th June and with over £50 in credit I decided to ask for a refund of most of my credit. No problem said o2. Refund requested. I watched my bank account but no refund came. O2 didn't believe me and insisted I send them copies of my bank statements to prove I hadn't received the funds (yes every transaction - so glad they didn't see the ones from Kinky Gear Ltd - Amsterdam lol).

Earlier this week, having been over a month and despite repeated emails to senior management in o2, I had to resort to advising I would apply to the Small Claims Court as the refund STILL hasn't come. It finally arrived yesterday, one month and 7 days.

Why is this acceptable? O2 are quick enough to take your money. We have seen on here o2 are quick enough to destroy credit ratings even though they make little effort to recover debt yet when it comes to paying their bills??????

I am glad I left o2. Since Telefonica ton over they have destroyed it and Ronan Dunne has much to answer for.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Quite ridiculous in your case. Most refunds are actioned in around 14 days which I find unacceptable in this age of instant electronic payments. Yes, money taken immediately and refunds repaid grudgingly after a nice lump of interest to swell Telefonica's coffers.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It's been a network in decline for many years and it ain't gonna change now until Three step in....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Usually refunds happen 10-14 days after it has been actioned
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122788 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Absolutely ridiculous length of time to wait. As you say....payment is taken immediately ...but refunds take so much longer All made even worse by the fact you had to fight for it...

Now all that aside Nick...lets talk a bit more about those payments you say you made to Kinky Gear in Amsterdam please?.....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Absolutely ridiculous length of time to wait. As you say....payment is taken immediately ...but refunds take so much longer All made even worse by the fact you had to fight for it...

Now all that aside Nick...lets talk a bit more about those payments you say you made to Kinky Gear in Amsterdam please?.....LOL

Those payments @Cleoriff were for the packages YOU asked me to order and have sent to YOUR address. 

Are you sure you want me to comment further. ......

Don't know

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Usually refunds happen 10-14 days after it has been actioned

Yeah fully aware of that having posted regularly on here for a year. If it had been paid in 14 days then I'd have been fine with that cos I know that to be the process. 

Bit it didn't.  It took 38 days which is totally unacceptable. 

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122788 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good try Nick....re the kinky gear being for me. Pack of lies.....I would NEVER purchase from AmsterdamConfused

@jonsie knows that .....as all mine is delivered from Thailand Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Good try Nick....re the kinky gear being for me. Pack of lies.....I would NEVER purchase from AmsterdamConfused

@jonsie knows that .....as all mine is delivered from Thailand Bouncy

sshhh.....D'oh!

Message 9 of 9