cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i went to mynlocal o2 store for my upgrade today looking at iphone 5 on £37 simplicity tarif.I get a 30%discount through work and thought ide be paying £25.90 per month and a £49.99 fee for the phone.However i was told i would have to take the nnew refresh contract as this is the only one on offer instore on the iphone  5. This meant i only got the 30% off the £17 tarif part and not the £20 phone cost per month resulting in my contract now costing £30.90 every month.Is this correct as ive not sen anything on o2 website about this?Anyone out there clarify this for me thanks?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
The iPhone 5 is available on regular consumer tariffs as well as on refresh, so the information you received was false. O2 are targeting stores on the number of refresh tariffs they sell however the advisor should not have lied to sway the deal.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I don't know about refresh been "the only" tarrif you can take out but the part about the discount is correct for the tariff part only as the other part of the refresh contract is an interest free payment for the phone only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks M15 for quick reply.What I really want to know is.  Will o2 not give partner discounts on simplicity tarifs instore and only give them on the new refresh scheme?Or is it just on the iphone 5 they won't do the simplicity tarrif with a 30% discount?

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It sounds like just the iPhone 5 for some reason?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

But simplicity contracts have no handset sold with them simplicity = sim only!

Only normal tariffs or refresh have discounted handsets.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 9

Rycal
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
The iPhone 5 is available on regular consumer tariffs as well as on refresh, so the information you received was false. O2 are targeting stores on the number of refresh tariffs they sell however the advisor should not have lied to sway the deal.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

TonyF thankyou.This is really interesting.You state you work for o2 so I assume you know what you are talking about.I'm going to phone the store I bought my contract from yesterday and double check I've not been misled.Thanks again.

Message 7 of 9

Rycal
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
I have just checked and if the discount you speak of is via o2 open then it is indeed only available on a refresh tariff. If however the advisor told you the iPhone 5 was only available on refresh then you have been misled.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel the contract if they lied

Message 9 of 9