cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone else think its a bit tight that existing customers cannot tag onto the recent refresh scheme?

For the last year I've put £191.88 onto a dated galaxy S2 phone and never missed a payment on a phone with a now market value of around £240. Even when I offer a contract extension of a further 2 years they say no to it. Forgive me if I'm wrong but that just seems like bad customer service to existing customers and good to new.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep the only way to get onto the refresh contact is to pay off the one you have or wait till upgrade time  

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone else think its a bit tight that existing customers cannot tag onto the recent refresh scheme?

For the last year I've put £191.88 onto a dated galaxy S2 phone and never missed a payment on a phone with a now market value of around £240. Even when I offer a contract extension of a further 2 years they say no to it. Forgive me if I'm wrong but that just seems like bad customer service to existing customers and good to new.

I can sort of see your point but o2 have to draw the line somewhere otherwise everyone who has just signed up to a 24 month contract would want to switch

Message 3 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The deal will be available to you at upgrade time..... the same as everyone else who is still in contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

me me me, let me switch now or i'll complain(couldnt resist it) seriously either wait until upgrade time or pay up your existing contract, but be patient

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

me me me, let me switch now

Not to android Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Very Happynever, decided only to get an s4 if they use iosSmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Very Happynever, decided only to get an s4 if they use iosSmiley Very Happy

And don't make it out of plastic water bottles wink

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And don't make it out of plastic water bottles wink

Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kind of missing the point there Stuart1983. I never mentioned about complaining. To pay off a contract on the phone would cost an additional £182. Therefore o2 still value the phone at £373.88. Which technically is extortionate even at commencement of contract in May 2012!
Message 10 of 12