O2 Refresh Unlimited 24M 2GB - upgrade and downgrade

Alun
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all,

A question about o2 refresh.

I'm currently on a 2gb tariff [O2 Refresh Unlimited 24M 2GB ]and visit the USA now and again - for that trip I ignore my o2 sim [as the fees aren't the best] [sorry] and use a payg sim on Three, topped up to £20 and then I turn that into 12gb of data that I can use over there.

I'm now off to Europe and my 2gb data won't last long - can I upgrade for 1 month to [for example] the 15gb plan and then when I get back, downgrade it back to my normal plan?

The small print I'm not keen on is this...

Changing your tariff won't affect the length of your contract. But you may not be able to move back to your previous tariff once you've changed.

May not - or cannot?

Thanks

Alun

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Alun 

The rule is you can if your original tariff is still available ie, could someone buy that tariff today. 

If so you can move back to it but if not you would have to go to the nearest available one but not less than you started with. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Alun 

The rule is you can if your original tariff is still available ie, could someone buy that tariff today. 

If so you can move back to it but if not you would have to go to the nearest available one but not less than you started with. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22945 Posts
  • 1023 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Alun  According to this page, I believe you can get a one-off bolt-on: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/bolt-ons

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d buy a bolt on just before you travel instead of changing tariffs 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I’d buy a bolt on just before you travel instead of changing tariffs 

Not exactly good value for money though are they.....

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Alun
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5- thanks for the info, yes it looks like I can still get the original tariff...

@Bambino& @Anonymous - have you seen the price of those bolt ons... an extra 12gb of data for £30.50!

Oh, and I've just found the o2 refresh page and to quote o2 "Flex your data up or down, every month"

Thanks all!

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries mate. All the best.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22945 Posts
  • 1023 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
Yes I saw the prices @Alun. Please don't shoot the messenger. The fees are outrageous. Hope you get things sorted.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8