cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh - Getting my head around it...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks,

Can someone in simple terms explain O2 Refresh under the following circumstances.

I have £345 left to pay on the phone part of my plan.

If I were to pay that off tomorrow, what happens to the tariff part? 

Does that slate also get wiped clean?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
Hi Arthur,
Let us know how you get on with this and if you choose to use Refresh. Are any new devices catching your eye?

Hi Toby,

I already have a Z1 Compact on Refresh but that Z2 has my attention. heh

Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that's the point of refresh slight_smile
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys 

i,ve just gone to pay off my device plan to get a brand new phone as that whgat i thought the o2 refresh was all about, but when i try and do it it only offers me a month or 12 month sim only deal with the £190 i got left to pay added to my basket whats all this about i thought it was simple as o2 have told me which is pay your device off and upgrade to a brand new handset but im seeing that option is this o2 refresh all rubbish and lies as it looks that way 

cheers andy

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry im not seeing that option i mean lol

Message 14 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

here is an excellent guide to Refresh written by one of our members...Everything in this guide is factually correct...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/m-p/877701/highlight/true#M64851

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to pay off the device first by calling CS on 202.
This will then release you to a full upgrade to a new contract.
Best to do that bit in store as web ordering is full of pitfalls and out of stock phones along with painful delivery experiences via UK Mail wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok thanks for that, just to clarify do i ring up o2 cs and pay off the £190 and then go into a o2 store and get the new phone or can it all be done via a o2 store,

i just dont understand why it wont let you do that online to make it easier for everyone , and why does it only offer me a sim only deal when i click upgrade

and finally when i do pay the £190 off will that guarantee me a brand new handset with no other credit checks as that the most thing im worried about as my credit history isnt great and its taking me 4 years to this contract and i dont want to pay it off and then o2 do another credit check as i know it will fail
and what happens to my original tariff do i get out on a whole new one or keep the original one with a new phone

thanks andy
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
oh and i nearly forgot to ask is there option to cancel the whole contract when i pay off the device plan as i got a tablet with o2 on refresh but sadly the tablet got stolen and im now paying for something i havent got thanks andy
Message 18 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you have to call 202 and pay it off (that part cannot be done in store).
Yes, it's a brand new handset and a brand new tariff (you can't keep your old tariff and take a new phone).
As it's classed as an upgrade you shouldn't be credit checked again, however, I would check this with CS when you call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
so i could just got into a o2 store and when im in there ring o2 cs on my phone pay it off and then upgrade straight away whihc would be easier, why cant this be done online tho
Message 20 of 22