cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh - Getting my head around it...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks,

Can someone in simple terms explain O2 Refresh under the following circumstances.

I have £345 left to pay on the phone part of my plan.

If I were to pay that off tomorrow, what happens to the tariff part? 

Does that slate also get wiped clean?

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you are free to leave without penalty once the phone plan is paid off see here

What if I want to leave O2 and end my O2 Refresh plan?
You just need to pay off whatever's left on your Phone Plan. Then you can either sign up to a new plan, or leave O2. If you'd like to leave O2, after you pay off your Phone Plan, ask us for your PAC code or give us notice to cancel your account.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The tariff continues as long as you want it, you just stop paying monthly for the phone part.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you need clarification then give 02 a call on 202 from your phone.

Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have called them, and still none the wiser.

What he stated, contradicts what the gubbins online say. 

If I go to upgrades, it says to pick a 1 month or 12 month contract Sim only.

What's to stop me paying off just the phone, taking out a sim only for a month and they going bye bye ?

It also appears to show that if you pay off handset, you have to change tariff ?

Message 4 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No, you don't have to change tariff if you pay off your handset:
Term 4 states:
You can also pay off your Phone Plan at any time before the end of the 24 month term and choose to continue with just your original Airtime Plan (on the same terms and conditions), or if you want to take a new O2 Refresh deal, move, change or upgrade, we'll waive the remaining whole months of the linked Airtime Plan that you haven't used. For the avoidance of doubt, Charges (including for Additional Services) not included in your monthly Airtime Plan, or Charges arising prior to full repayment of the balance of your Phone Plan, will not be waived and will be billed as normal. You will not be entitled to a refund of Charges already paid when paying off a Phone Plan.
My belief has always been that you "may" choose another tariff once the phone has been paid off but if CS don't know we have no chance, lol..

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 22

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
Once the phone plan is paid off you are effectively out of contract. You could continue your airtime plan in which case your monthly bills would only be for the airtime, you could upgrade to a new phone and start another phone plan or you could leave
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you are free to leave without penalty once the phone plan is paid off see here

What if I want to leave O2 and end my O2 Refresh plan?
You just need to pay off whatever's left on your Phone Plan. Then you can either sign up to a new plan, or leave O2. If you'd like to leave O2, after you pay off your Phone Plan, ask us for your PAC code or give us notice to cancel your account.

Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that.

It was the part about leaving I wasn't sure about. Guy on 202 thought you were commited for the 2 years to the tariff.

That's pretty awesome, have to say. 

More inclined to stick with O2 because of this, so it works for them as far as i'm concerned.

Message 8 of 22

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Arthur,
Let us know how you get on with this and if you choose to use Refresh. Are any new devices catching your eye?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does seem like a great deal I think that's why most go for it now
Message 10 of 22