cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh. Change of mind

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently paid a fee of around 216 pound to fast track upgrade my phone.

I then paid an extra 50 pound upfront to change my plan and phone to an iPhone5 for 32.00 a month.

I was told i could change my mind within the next 7 days using the change of mind policy which at the time didnt interest me as i didnt plan on doing it.

Now about 2 days in with my new phone i am not enjoying it atall and would like to return it and recieve a refund, prefarbly i'd like to do back to my old plan and just return to normal before i used o2 refresh. upon ringing the customer services i was informed i wouldnt recieve a refund for the early upgrade fee and all they could do for me was change my phone, this isnt what i want atall is this correct? can anything me done for me

I was paying 17.00 p/m for a blackberry curve before hand and was around 6 months into my 24m contract.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It is all in the T&C you agreed to http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/speed-to-refresh

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It is all in the T&C you agreed to http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/speed-to-refresh

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well looks like i've been *bleep* there then.

If i do choose to just cancel it altogether what happens then? I wont be paying for my new phone or plan? Will i just be out of a contract altogether or what

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Sorry it's not for you.

From the o2 site.

What if I change my mind about signing up to a credit agreement?
Within seven working days, you can cancel your O2 Refresh package as part of our change of mind policy. This means you cancel both the Airtime Plan and Phone Plan, get a refund on your upfront phone payment and return the phone to us.

You have 14 days to change your mind about buying the phone with a credit agreement. You can’t return the phone to us after the 7 day change of mind period ends so you'll need to buy it outright. You can still carry on with your Airtime plan.

However ,

But I don't think you can return to your d contract as it would have been wound up now.

Phone O2 on 202.
Message 4 of 8

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Well looks like i've been buggered there then.

If i do choose to just cancel it altogether what happens then? I wont be paying for my new phone or plan? Will i just be out of a contract altogether or what

Yes as explained in the linked t&c

Apple Watch series 4

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your quite a patronizing guy aren't you. Some people don't live on this website and drift through 5 pages of small print when they buy a phone and prefer to ask the questions that apply to them so they understand easier.
Message 6 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Nobody is being patronising you have asked questions which have been answered and pointing you to the terms you agreed to helps to explain why what you're asking can't be done.

We have to search the terms in order to get the answers for you.

Customer services gave you the correct advice and you cannot go back to the contract you had before as you have closed it,

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Michael if its the handset that you have lost confidence have you thought about getting another instead of using that one.

Your sim will fit in any unlocked or locked to o2 phone.

I can't tell you what to do with your current new handset that you don't want use anymore , but keep the contract your currently on.
Message 8 of 8