cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh Bill - Can you present the phone and airtime on one bill?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my personal phone for business as well and when i try and expense it, they will only look at the airtime, as the phone agreement "doesn't seem to be part of the bill". They are not used to the way O2 refresh works.

Is there a way of presenting this consistently so i can say this is my monthly bill from O2?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No that's the way it works, there's a good reason the two are separate.

The phone is paid for on a hire purchase type of agreement and is nothing to do with the airtime bill.

This is the basis of the way Refresh is designed.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No that's the way it works, there's a good reason the two are separate.

The phone is paid for on a hire purchase type of agreement and is nothing to do with the airtime bill.

This is the basis of the way Refresh is designed.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
So you want the business to pay for your handset ? slight_smile
Message 3 of 8

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a way of presenting this consistently so i can say this is my monthly bill from O2?

The only other thing I can suggest is to ask if they would pay for the phone in cash with a receipt from O2, as you could then pay it off and ask for one, just leaving the payments for the airtime to continue.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, ideally! The way I see it on regular phone bills the cost of the handset is included anyway, subsidised due to the term of contract.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The phone handset is expensive as a one off cost and I haven't actually paid it so not sure if that will work.

My current tactic is to make the argument to my boss who's phone bill ia around £50 per month anyway and since the combined cost for me is less than that ask if he'll get it signed off.

I can see this being a hassle every month though.

I know it's two separate costs, but just need to show them on one sheet. Rather than an airtime bill and then a credit agreement which looks odd when i'm presenting expenses.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see what you mean but what you want is no do-able to combine them both. 😞
Message 7 of 8

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

One reason that I have ruled out refresh for my work phone, I'm in a similar position and though I do buy phones SIM-free they are not for use with work.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 8