cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 ReFRESH

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought ide share my experience i had when upgrading to iphone 5 instore with my 30% friends and family discount.Was told i could only have discount applied to the new refresh scheme which i didn't know about and it cost me more than I thought.On getting home I phoned customer services and spoke to 3 different advisors who said no this is wrong  and I could have the discount on a standard tariff.Tocut a long story short it does say in the o2 refresh terms and conditions that discounts will only be given on the refresh contracts.I felt a right idiot but more worrying is 3 different o2 customer service advisors didn't know the policy until they spoke to a colleague in the store where I got my new phone from!!!Moral of story is Read all the small print beforehand!!!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Im trying to get clarification on this. From what I can see it appears to be 30% if you are using an O2 Open code and 50% if you are using a Friends and Family discount. As soon as I know more ill get back to you.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

would my discount have been given for the o2 open scheme as my company is a chanel partner?Its just that I never gave the colleague instore any open code just proof of who I work for.This was the same when I took out previous contract 2 years ago.

Message 12 of 17

Rycal
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Sorry forgot to reply in here sooner. F+F discount works as follows: 30% off standard consumer tariffs (inc. simo), 50% off the air-time agreement on a Refresh tariff.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 13 of 17

Rycal
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

would my discount have been given for the o2 open scheme as my company is a chanel partner?Its just that I never gave the colleague instore any open code just proof of who I work for.This was the same when I took out previous contract 2 years ago.

They should have taken you to the O2 Open site at the point of sale and helped you fill in the details. You can do this yourself at o2open.co.uk

Message 14 of 17

saajan12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, what happens with the 50% off Friends and Family airtime discount when the 24month phone plan period finishes? I am coming to the end of the 24months of my handset plan, and don't want to upgrade - does this get treated as a sim only with a discount of only 30% or is it still 50% off the airtime (despite the handset portion being £0)?

Thanks!

Message 15 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
50% off the airtime only (the same as it has been for the past 2 years. You will no longer pay the handset portion of the bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 17