cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 ReFRESH

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought ide share my experience i had when upgrading to iphone 5 instore with my 30% friends and family discount.Was told i could only have discount applied to the new refresh scheme which i didn't know about and it cost me more than I thought.On getting home I phoned customer services and spoke to 3 different advisors who said no this is wrong  and I could have the discount on a standard tariff.Tocut a long story short it does say in the o2 refresh terms and conditions that discounts will only be given on the refresh contracts.I felt a right idiot but more worrying is 3 different o2 customer service advisors didn't know the policy until they spoke to a colleague in the store where I got my new phone from!!!Moral of story is Read all the small print beforehand!!!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you use the chat advisors as they can sometimes give out incorrect information
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

No I used official o2 customer service phone number!!!

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good move my friend as if used chat, you would have been here telling us a different story
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't use live chat even if you payed me to!!Why do o2 persist with this service?It's rubbish and doesn't cover o2 in much glory as you see by all the complaints on this community forum.

Message 5 of 17

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

The friends and family discount (which is now 50%) is only available on Refresh tariffs and is only discounted from the airtime plan, not the handset agreement.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure the discount for friends and family on refresh tariffs is 50% as I was only given 30% on May 16th?

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it was still 30%
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought we all read the small print within the T&C's !
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly a clarification from Toby or chiara on this
Message 10 of 17