Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Prepaid Free Wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to my bolt-on:

£15 "Free UK texts, 500MB data and unlimited Wi-Fi. "

I can find no reference online, or anywhere about this supposed free-wifi. Please can somebody point me to a page that explains how to take advantage of this?

If they advertise this as part of the bolt-on surely they have a duty to explain how this can be utilised with detailsof available hotspots and SSID.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

This states:

Fast, free internet. For everyone.

You don’t have to be an O2 customer to use O2 Wifi. Sign up and that’s it. No passwords or usernames to connect. Just quick wifi, whenever you’re near one of our hotspots.

Nothing to do with the added value a bolt-on gives you, as £10 gives you no free wifi, but £15 does. That's the reason I topped up £15 instead of £10.

The top-up details states:

£10 "Free UK texts, 500MB data" 

£15 "Free UK texts, 500MB data and unlimited Wi-Fi."

So, if I had only to top-up £10 instead of £15 isn't this very misleading to say the least?

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Additionally this gives my local Costa as a Wifi hotpoint.

https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/hotspot/6327_13a-castle-street-edinburgh-eh2-3ah

Accessing this from the Costa shop ("O2 Wifi" as SSID) I am limited to 30 minutes as a Costa Customer..... and no option to select anything else, except as a BT Broadband customer.

Hardly unlimited, and therefore the top-up details are misleading at best.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144094 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Everyone now gets free O2 wifi regardless of having an O2 contract or not. The web pages need updating, I guess......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually as many hotspots run by O2 seem joint commercial ventures (such as the O2/Costa hotspots) you are in fact limited to whatever the partner dictates, in the case of Costa a measly 30 minutes.

To not update one would argue some of the most important text a site could have (the details of a highly popular bolt-on) is worrying, and begs the question, what else can I trust?

So on both counts:

1. Bolt-on details (that successfully parted company from me an extra £5)

and

2. Free wifi for all (when in effect it is limited to the providers such as Costas customers and even then for the period the partner dictates, as in the hotspot above located with the O2 hotspot locater).

Both are wrong.

They have a duty to be accurate, and it is unfair on the vast majority of the customers when they fail to act for whatever reason.

Message 6 of 8

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I believe it depends how you log into the hotspots concerned. If you login as a customer of say Costa then you get 30 minutes but if you login as an O2 customer with your phone number etc and qualify for unlimited wifi then it should be unlimited, as it had been in the past with The Cloud and then BT, before O2 wifi was rolled out.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it depends how you log into the hotspots concerned. If you login as a customer of say Costa then you get 30 minutes but if you login as an O2 customer with your phone number etc and qualify for unlimited wifi then it should be unlimited, as it had been in the past with The Cloud and then BT, before O2 wifi was rolled out.

I agree.

However their is no option to login with your phone number, no registration procedure, and indeed no instructions anywhere on the O2 website.

I tried all options, no option to login as an O2 prepaid (or even contract) customer.

In other words, you are totally ignored.

As I stated the O2 advertising is misleading at best.

Message 8 of 8