Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Premier Insurance question

Quick question,

Called in to cancel policy today and was advised that I had to give 30 days notice.

I don't remember seeing that on the old terms and conditions (I signed up in Oct 09 before they changed insurance provider - the reason I'm cancelling) however I don't have the old paperwork.

Can anyone advise? If it's correct then fair play, but I know what O2 are being like with regards to the old T and C's.

Cheers
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: O2 Premier Insurance question

Quick question,
Called in to cancel policy today and was advised that I had to give 30 days notice.
I don't remember seeing that on the old terms and conditions (I signed up in Oct 09 before they changed insurance provider - the reason I'm cancelling) however I don't have the old paperwork.
Can anyone advise? If it's correct then fair play, but I know what O2 are being like with regards to the old T and C's.
Cheers

Yes this is correct. The insurance drops off your account 30 days after you ask for it to be cancelled. I don't know how long this has been the case however I know it's been like that since at least June 2008 - when I first encountered the policy.
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

the key facts card confirm 30 days this is from 2008 and page 9 of the old booklet july 2008 revision
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Actually that suits me fine as there has been a delay with my new policy.

They won't get funny should I need to make a claim in the 30 day period?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Actually that suits me fine as there has been a delay with my new policy.
They won't get funny should I need to make a claim in the 30 day period?

No it'll be fine. They can actually click on the insurance cancellation 'order' in the orders section of your account and it tells them the exact date and time that the insurance will stop Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Cool thanks. Was just wondering if they'd get funny and think I was pulling a fast one if I had to claim in the cancellation period.
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

It did happen to us cancelled the insurance 2 days later my md dropped his iphone had to claim all sorted no issues. (not had to do insurance claim in 9 years that we had o2 insurance)

Just glad with all the t&c changes and price hikes we went with our business contents insurance yes a higher excess then but now only £25 more than o2 and save over £500 a year if we do not claim based on new £15 a month per iphone.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services