cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 PAYG to O2 monthly - 2 different numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I recently paid off my device plan so am free to go where ever i want now, am guessing my number reverts to a PAYG number. However, i have just ordered a contract phone through mobilephonesdirect on O2, i did not select upgrade option and now the order is complete with the phone coming tomorrow.

Can i still transfer my PAYG number to this new contract?

Thanks for you help

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Yes you should be able to, once you have the new phone number tomorrow give O2 customer services a call and ask them to transfer the number across.

However I must advise you that your current contract does not become PAYG just because the handset it paid off, it becomes a rolling monthly agreement so you would still need to give notice to terminate, and do not cancel any DDs until the final bill has been generated

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Yes you should be able to, once you have the new phone number tomorrow give O2 customer services a call and ask them to transfer the number across.

However I must advise you that your current contract does not become PAYG just because the handset it paid off, it becomes a rolling monthly agreement so you would still need to give notice to terminate, and do not cancel any DDs until the final bill has been generated
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, thanks for the advice, noted.

Message 3 of 5

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Best to call early morning 08:00 - 08:30 is usually the best time to get through (but I understand this depends on what time your phone gets delivered).
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27622 Solutions
Your current contract will cancel as soon as you port your number to the new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5