Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Discount

DaveA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As an employee of an organisation that can use the O2 Open discount, I have legitimately shared it with friends and family previously under the old terms and conditions.

I recently upgraded my own account and because I shared it under the old t&cs I cannot use it even on the new t&cs just on my own contract as it has been used.

How can O2 mix and match terms and conditions? My family members have their own contracts with a discount under old terms. On my new contract I am aware only I as the employee can use it but O2 says I can't. Is this right?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 11 of 16

DaveA
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, I have two mobile numbers on my account so have gone to the O2 Open website, used my other number instead and found a new code generated so will try this one. Will let you know how it goes.

Message 12 of 16

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DaveA wrote:

Thanks MI5, I have two mobile numbers on my account so have gone to the O2 Open website, used my other number instead and found a new code generated so will try this one. Will let you know how it goes.

You should get a new code (depending on the time since you last obtained one) but your way works just as well slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 16

DaveA
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well the freshly generated code on the second number on my account worked. 25% discount applied! Disappointingly the discount is for a fixed 24 month period, not as before - ongoing till I change contract. This isn't specifically mentioned in the tics. Thanks to MI5 for suggesting using another code.
Message 14 of 16

DaveA
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
*t&cs
Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Mine did actually give an end date in line with my contract, but my contract ended 12 months ago and I'm still getting the discount, so I think this is just how it is but it won't actually end if you leave your contract running.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16