Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Discount

DaveA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As an employee of an organisation that can use the O2 Open discount, I have legitimately shared it with friends and family previously under the old terms and conditions.

I recently upgraded my own account and because I shared it under the old t&cs I cannot use it even on the new t&cs just on my own contract as it has been used.

How can O2 mix and match terms and conditions? My family members have their own contracts with a discount under old terms. On my new contract I am aware only I as the employee can use it but O2 says I can't. Is this right?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

The change in policy occurred at the start of the year and allows employees of partner companies to get one discount code to be used once for a phone and once for a tablet. It shouldn't matter if you have shared your discounts previously to this change, but if you have shared your discount since January, then that will be the only one you had remaining

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
T&C's change all the time - you should always check for the latest which are mentioned in the help thread which we try and keep up to date http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

DaveA
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks PhoneDoc.

I was aware of the change of t&cs but haven't shared my code for 2 years so had assumed my code for my use would be fine under the new t&cs.

Message 4 of 16

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
That's what I would assume as well. Have you tried sending the discount code off?
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DaveA wrote:

I was aware of the change of t&cs but haven't shared my code for 2 years so had assumed my code for my use would be fine under the new t&cs.

Yes, it should be as the rules only changed around Sept last year.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

DaveA
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you mean by text? Yes I did this and got the reply saying I can't have it because it had previously been used on other accounts.

I contacted CS but the person I spoke with also said no and that he was also subject to the same issue having shared a code previously but could not get the discount on his own account.

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Can you not get a new fresh code to use?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

DaveA
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How could I do that? I use my same name, mobile number and organisation and get the same code generated that I have used previously.

Message 9 of 16

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Is it possible that anyone could have used your discount code again without permission?
Message 10 of 16