cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Discount nightmare!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anybody had any success doing this? I took out a new contract on 9th Feb. Applied for the o2 open discount on 10th Feb. It then said I would receive a further email upto 3 days. It's now 8 days later I have no email. I've spoke to 3 online chat guys.
Guy 1 said I should receive an email by the end of the day. I didnt!
Guy 2 said there was a problem with my request and to submit it again (I can't it says my national insurance number is already in use) which is obvious cause I've already submitted me application once already!
Guy 3 said he would look into and escalate this problem and promised to get it resolved.
I then receive a text next day asking to ring 202 regarding this issue.
I spoke to the lady (who was nice but was unable to help)
She didn't really understand my problem told me to resubmit my application again (obviously doesn't work) then I finally managed to get through to her about the problem which she finally understood and she has filled out a form and told me I would hear something in 3 days time but they don't work weekends so I'm looking at Wednesday before I hear a reply!

The 14 days probation period ends Thursday. If this isn't sorted I think I might be forced to cancel than risk not getting this applied!

Anybody else had problem?
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No one on here can help with that unfortunately.
There are so many issues with the o2 website currently it's getting quite embarrassing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 25

DivaSaint
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well I'm glad it's not just me. I've been trying to resolve this issue for 7 months.
Message 22 of 25

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@DivaSaint wrote:
Well I'm glad it's not just me. I've been trying to resolve this issue for 7 months.

I'll tag @EmilieT to see if she can help next week.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 25

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@DivaSaint wrote:

Good lord, I would hope you have gone through the complaints route.

Message 24 of 25

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @DivaSaint, sorry to hear you've had some issues setting up your O2 Open discount - I'd gladly have someone on our end look into this for you, so I'll send you a Private Message on the forum shortly to get a few more details first  slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 25 of 25