cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Discount nightmare!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anybody had any success doing this? I took out a new contract on 9th Feb. Applied for the o2 open discount on 10th Feb. It then said I would receive a further email upto 3 days. It's now 8 days later I have no email. I've spoke to 3 online chat guys.
Guy 1 said I should receive an email by the end of the day. I didnt!
Guy 2 said there was a problem with my request and to submit it again (I can't it says my national insurance number is already in use) which is obvious cause I've already submitted me application once already!
Guy 3 said he would look into and escalate this problem and promised to get it resolved.
I then receive a text next day asking to ring 202 regarding this issue.
I spoke to the lady (who was nice but was unable to help)
She didn't really understand my problem told me to resubmit my application again (obviously doesn't work) then I finally managed to get through to her about the problem which she finally understood and she has filled out a form and told me I would hear something in 3 days time but they don't work weekends so I'm looking at Wednesday before I hear a reply!

The 14 days probation period ends Thursday. If this isn't sorted I think I might be forced to cancel than risk not getting this applied!

Anybody else had problem?
Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Have a look at the new rules here but you get 28 days to apply not 14 so still time to resolve it https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-H...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Have a look at the new rules here but you get 28 days to apply not 14 so still time to resolve it https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-H...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Such a pity that some O2 advisers are unable to inform customers of the new rule change (which came into force at the beginning of February)  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 25

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I read it that the OP is using the new system if entering the NI number....

Message 4 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I read it that the OP is using the new system if entering the NI number....

Maybe, but they have been given conflicting into by 4 different advisors. That was my point really. The information coming out from O2 isn't consistent. ...and the OP still hasn't received the code...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 25

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Luckily we got the KB updated with the official info so hopefully will be of some help.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Luckily we got the KB updated with the official info so hopefully will be of some help.

I'm sure it will Rich...and thank god for it. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 25

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Just a thought tho @Anonymous have you checked your bolt ons in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 ?

The discount will show as a bolt on but you don't always receive a confirmation that it has been applied.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

The discount will show as a bolt on but you don't always receive a confirmation that it has been applied.

I never knew the Open discount showed as a Bolt On in My O2?

Having said that.... I never had O2 Open... Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 25

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I once had it but that was when the system was open to abuse and indeed it did show as a bolt on.

Message 10 of 25