Did you mean: 

O2 Network suddenly withholding my mobile number

Kernow_Mark
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi All,

Bit of a strange one, and had no joy with reporting the issue via the O2 My Network App, so opening it up to a wider audience ..

I've got an iPhone 7, and have always had my Caller ID settings to present/show my phone number.

As of late, on at least 3 occasions, in 3 seperate areas (differents cell towers) the O2 network has decided to show my number as unavailable ? 

A bit annoying for me as most of my friends and relatives use a True Caller call-screening device, which will only accept inbound calls from numbers in it's whitelist.  Hence, whenn True Caller gets an inbound call that presents as Unavailable or Witheld it doesn't connect the call, but screens it (adding maybe 30 seconds, maybe more) to the call I'm making.  When you're in a hurry, it's a right pain in the proverbial.

So, O2 - what's going on ?  I've reported it via the My Network App, but no faults have been identified, but clearly there has been a problem.  Is it going to happen again ?  What are you doing about it ?

If there are network upgrades going on, then a helpful heads up would be great, otherwise me thinks you've problems with your network that you aren't admitting to wink

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Kernow_Mark
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just wanted to post an update ...

Thanks to Emilie, O2 have taken this on-board, and to their credit have been very prompt in investigating this.

I've had 2 phone calls from Customer Care and also a Network Engineer in the last 48hrs, and their assistance is ongoing.  Thanks O2 (and everyone else) ... I truly wonder if any other network would go this far to assist a customer.  Top marks from me, and yet another reason why I'm staying with O2 - their customer is 5 star slight_smile smiling

Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Good news mate slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 22

jonsie
  • 93158 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Kernow_Mark wrote:

Just wanted to post an update ...

Thanks to Emilie, O2 have taken this on-board, and to their credit have been very prompt in investigating this.

I've had 2 phone calls from Customer Care and also a Network Engineer in the last 48hrs, and their assistance is ongoing.  Thanks O2 (and everyone else) ... I truly wonder if any other network would go this far to assist a customer.  Top marks from me, and yet another reason why I'm staying with O2 - their customer is 5 star slight_smile smiling

To be fair, customer service, in the main, is very good. Hope you get some form of solution soon. It may even need your account disconnecting completely off the network and re adding after 24 hours

Message 13 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Great to hear this @Kernow_Mark Hoping for a good result at long last wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 22

mick_kerry
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am I going mad, or did you forget to mention whether O2's 5-star support actually solved your problem? And if so, what did they do?     (I have the exact same problem right now, and no one can see my number, whoever I call. Most people decline to answer, so effectively I have a non-service.) 

Message 15 of 22

jonsie
  • 93158 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

It's highly unlikely that O2 have anything to do with it. Have a look in the phone call settings as the option to show or hide the number is in there.

Message 16 of 22

SteveF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am getting something similar.

Last Friday 10/8/18 my phone was telling callers my 'destination is not found'

What does that mean????

How can it be solved??

Message 17 of 22

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
@SteveF contact customer services to have your account checked firstly http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Are you still able to use your phone for anything else other than calls?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 22

SteveF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I can make calls, the difficulty is others contacting me

Message 19 of 22

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Check for any network issues here as well
https://status.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 20 of 22