cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Misleading Offer of 20% Student Discount

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a student of the University of Northampton and renewed my O2 refresh contract in October last year. Despite applying for the discount twice and numerous calls to customer service who are based in Cape Town-South Africa, the company has yet to fix this mess. I went on to chat to the Facebook team and sent them a screen print to support my claim of applying twice and it also lead to no where.
Joining the network was the biggest mistake I have ever made. 24 months sounds like a lifetime but it's not and I will use my position and influence in the student union to campaign vigorously against students joining the network. I will publish the conversations and all evidence on social media to stop students from being duped by O2.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Op didn't say they applied via facebook. They said after the discount wasn't added, they called and went on facebook to show evidence they had applied
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is no evidence here of a correct claim of any sort.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 22

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Who knows? From initial post I'm assuming it wasn't applied for within the terms that o2 state. Student discount isn't misleading in any way shape or form. The time to sort it (within 30 days) has long gone now and resorting to Facebook is certainly not a way to get the issue sorted.

Message 13 of 22

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
No, I do agree @jonsie . But a company running a facebook page should have staff managing it and where a 'complaint' is raised, it should move passed on to the relevant teams.

The FCA etc regard a complaint as any claim of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Totally agree jonsie.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The people running the FB page are the same as those running the Twitter account. (The social media team.)

I know from experience that anything posted on FB gets a response possibly after 24hrs. Twitter are far quicker. However neither of these sites get involved in dealing with O2 policies and procedures. They just provide a link to the correct department or guide.. They certainly wouldn't get involved in complaints...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
SoG same as here, I guess.....?

Currently using:
Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Two of O2's Twitter staff helped me resolve an issue I had last year (if you remember)....this is how I knew who they were.....Brad and Chris_K from Social Media

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah, I remember now so employed by SoG too then....

Currently using:
Message 19 of 22

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions