Did you mean: 

O2 Mast/Coverage, used to work fine

Shuntfield
Level 3: Thinker
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hello Everyone, 

Where I work, adjacent to the property is an O2 monopole mast, I know its O2 and its site shared with another operator under the cornerstone programme, the mast was placed on a public area just outside the property a number of years ago. Our company had statutory notification of the planning.

However not long after it was installed another development next door to my employers was created and the installation of a new road where the mast was meant that it had to be moved around 10-20 metres from its original area to an area now almost in the grounds of my employer (there is a park outside where I work maintained by the company)

When the mast was originally installed, we had a perfect signal, now since its been moved not very far from its original position (in fact closer) the signal is distinctly worse.

The fact the O2 coverage map knows this mast is there means that it "assumes" good coverage, and a post code checker also provides that information, but in reality "on the ground" it isnt.

Its not just me be other colleagues with O2 or O2 based network devices have the identical problem.

How can this be looked into?

Shunts...

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Shuntfield 

The best way of reporting is through the My Network app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Get as many people as you can to report it too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Shuntfield 

The best way of reporting is through the My Network app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Get as many people as you can to report it too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Shuntfield
Level 3: Thinker
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I do it quite often have done for "years" since the moved the base, there are a few people with O2 but a lot more on MVNOs that run off O2.

I'll keep plugging away!

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Annoyingly and ironically, you can actually be too close to a transmitter as there are blackspots in the shadow beneath the radio waves.....

Related image

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

And coverage maps don't  take into account the effect @MI5  mentioned or in fact any obstruction.

Message 5 of 6

Shuntfield
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I am around 300-400m from the Mast, though there are a few big buildings close by because its a power station. Though line of sight is pretty good.

I'll keep plugging at it.

Shunts...

Message 6 of 6