cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been paying £15 insurance fee to O2 Insurance for almost 3 years. Now my phone (iPhone 4s) is lost and I claimed new phone. They are asking me to pay £150 !!!!!
Why ? Sounds not fair.
I'm an O2 customer for 7 years, using the same number for 6 years.
As a business , any idea about loyalty ??!!!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
So you've paid out £540 in insurance premiums and have to add another £150 excess.....
This is exactly why I put money away myself and "self insure".
You could buy a brand new iP5s for what you've paid out in premiums..... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I will say here that when I bought my S3 through a brilliant O2 CS...she advised me against O2 insurance.

Her words were 'The excess is far too much and so are the premiums...there are far cheaper policies if you compare online'....

I did all that, then went with my Building Society who give me free annual travel insurance ....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 17

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't remember the insurance ever being £15 either I'm sure it used to be £12.50

I've just checked and I was paying £12.50 for my iPhone 4s (well I was reimbursed so not really me :smileywink:)

but maybe it was different for abusiness user?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to pay £45/ 24 month /1200minutes call , as my tarrif . Plus £15 O2 insurance .
A few month after my 24 month contract expired I changed my tarrif to cheaper one, but I kept my insurance as it was.
Now I am trying to find a copy of my insurance paper.
The thing is I paid too much and I feel I was just stupid to stay with O2 for that long. It's not about paying some extra money , it is about my feeling , I feel insurance and O2 don't care customers, they are just cheaters.
Message 14 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I used to pay £45/ 24 month /1200minutes call , as my tarrif . Plus £15 O2 insurance .
A few month after my 24 month contract expired I changed my tarrif to cheaper one, but I kept my insurance as it was.
Now I am trying to find a copy of my insurance paper.
The thing is I paid too much and I feel I was just stupid to stay with O2 for that long. It's not about paying some extra money , it is about my feeling , I feel insurance and O2 don't care customers, they are just cheaters.

@Anonymous  Just cancel your O2 policy (after you have searched for a cheaper insurance)

You wont get a refund from O2 but you will have a cheaper monthly bill

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I would certainly cancel the O2 one and look elsewhere I get mine with my bank
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I tend not to insure as I am generally sensible with my phone and I take the view that if I lost or broke it I would buy a replacement outright sim free using the monies I saved by not having insurance ☺
Message 17 of 17