Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Increase Prices for Pre and Post 23rd January 2014 contracts

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

O2 have found a loophole around the OFCOM ruling it would seem and have announced an increase of 2.7% with effect from 1st March 2014 for ALL customers regardless of whether you signed up before or after the ruling came into effect.

Standard tariff customers will have their whole tariff increased by 2.7%. Refresh customers will have the airtime only element of their tariff increased by 2.7%. The handset element of refresh tariffs will be unchanged.

Details at http://www.o2.co.uk/desktop/prices

Also posted in the thread discussing the OFCOM ruling but I thought this merited its own thread too

Message 1 of 208
207 REPLIES 207

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@acecco01 wrote:

I took a 24 month contract on the 31st october 2012, is there any chance I can leave without paying any termination fee because of the price increase??

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/mobile/previous-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement-(april20...

Had it all covered

I wish people would read the t&c and understand what it all means

5. Charges for our Services 5.1 Detailed charging information can be found on our Website and in our Tariff Terms.

5.2 We may increase or decrease our Charges from time to time. If we increase our Charges (apart from for Additional Services), we’ll let you know at least 30 days before the Charges are due to go up and you’ll have the rights explained in paragraphs 5.3 and 5.4. We won’t increase your Monthly Subscription Charges more than once in any 12 month period.

5.3 You can end this Agreement without having to pay the Monthly Subscription Charges up to the end of any Minimum Period you have left, if: (a) we increase your Monthly Subscription Charges by more than the Retail Price Index (RPI) annual inflation rate at the date we notify you of the applicable price increase; or (b) we increase any of our Charges (apart from for Additional Services) in such a way that would have increased your total bill for the immediately previous month by more than 10% (if the increase(s) had applied for the whole of that month).

5.4 If you want to end the Agreement because of one of the circumstances in paragraph 5.3 you must give us Notice that you want to within 30 days of when we tell you about the relevant price increase(s). If you don’t give us Notice within 30 days, you accept the new Charges and the Agreement will continue with the new Charges.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 71 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
" The reseller clearly states I'm on a fixed price 24 month contract and there is no agreement between myself and o2 giving them permission to raise the price of the service within our 24 month fixed contract. ...." Unfortunately this is incorrect....The T&C's that you agree to do allow for a price increase, even on a fixed price term, so I'm afraid you may be fighting a losing battle
Message 72 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations O2. You have lost another customer.

In the past year, they stopped allowing users to downgrade their tariff after the first 9 months (strange how that was kept really quiet until I wanted to do it and started reading around only to find they changed T&Cs in my last contract period after I had downgraded).

They've trashed their broadband, meaning no more broadband discount for me and having to transfer ISPs to get away from Sky.

Their reception has gone downhill - lots of missed calls despite plenty of signal bars.

And now they screw us over for an "RPI" rise? Yeah. Sure. Goodbye O2. Just wish I didn't have to wait until the end of my contract to get out, but at least I know who I'm not renewing with.

Sorry. Cancelling rant mode now. But seriously, do these guys not think anything of customer loyalty?

Message 73 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope they don't that's obvious to all
Message 74 of 208

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

In the past year, they stopped allowing users to downgrade their tariff after the first 9 months (strange how that was kept really quiet until I wanted to do it and started reading around only to find they changed T&Cs in my last contract period after I had downgraded). 

Don't get me started on that one. O2 attempted to also retroactively apply the revised terms to existing customers preventing mid contract downgrades. They completely failed in my case in that regard and had to agree to honour the original terms and conditions.

I fully expect them to back down with me over the price increase too. It's academic though as I am gone as soon as I can be. I can forgive one dirty trick. Two though is too many!

Message 75 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well said Dave
Message 76 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe if O2 stop all this trashing product promotion like o2 tracks or o2 priority full of item that very few people are going to use 10% of something in teh o2 shop - wow tracks gow mcuh as this cost them as a company I want BETTER coverage and services rather than price increases and usless products

Message 77 of 208

Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course o2 will keep harping on about spending £1.5m every day improving the network. (Voda spending £2.5m per day).

But look at all the services they start and then get rid of because they can't make it work like o2 broadband, o2 wallet etc.

Then look at other services like live chat and tugo which are very very poor.

Of course the biggest issue is network coverage. And looking at all the complaints on here combined with my own experiences locally where o2 offer very limited coverage and what they do give is generally 2g outdoor only, then yes it's about time o2 got the basics right first.
Message 78 of 208

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Which have started their campaign on this issue back up

http://www.which.co.uk/campaigns/mobile-phone-price-rises/

Message 79 of 208

Wilt
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, perfect timing - my contract ends in March. Will be voting with my feet!

Message 80 of 208