Did you mean: 

O2 INSURANCE

Alfred89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to insure a phone with O2 (an iphone) if I havent bought it through O2 (if I bought it through the Apple Store directly)? Could I still add on O2 Insure for that phone?

Thank you!

Alfred

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can but not sure why you would as you can find better and cheaper options elsewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Alfred89 If you search the forum you'll find that O2 Insurance doesn't have a stellar reputation amongst many people who have posted here.

You've bought a very expensive phone. I'm not an iPhone person myself, but from what I've heard, AppleCare+ is good cover. You might also want to look into whether any home insurance policy you may have has an add-on for your phone, or might already be included.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Alfred89
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Bambino

Thank you for your reply. I did look into Apple Care however they do not insure for loss or theft, only for damage and accidents and you are limited to a specifi number of repairs! Thats why I thought O2 insure sounded better?

Message 4 of 6

Alfred89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anywhere specific you would recommend as I have never insured my phone elsewhere!

Thank you

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I have my daughters iPhone insured with these https://www.gadget-cover.com/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6