Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Family Discount

AmyBird94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I purchased my contract in Sept 2018 and I was promised the O2 family discount as my partner is also with O2 and was in the shop with me whilst I was setting up the contract. I was not informed at any point that a text needed to be sent to apply the discount to my plan and once I realised this, it was past the 28 day window. To cut a long story short, I have spoken to O2 customer service and advised I go in store and ask the general manager to do this. I live in Newbury but the phone was purchased in the Havant branch so it's a little out of my way to go there. My partner visited when she was there and the sales guy who originally set up my contract told me to text a number with a key word and it would give me by discount even if it's outside the 28 days. I waited almost a week to be told by text that I wasn't eligible. I am very frustrated by this as I went for O2 based on the discounted costs and now I am paying over £10 more than I originally was advised!! I desperately need some assistance with this as I am paying quite a lot of money a month when I could have saved with the discount. I would appreciate any help or guidance with this. Thanks, Amy.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@AmyBird94 if you had asked sooner we could have advised you https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...

All I can suggest now is asking @EmilieT if she can help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

AmyBird94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I stated in my original message, I have been trying to sort this in the store and with customer service. This is my last resort as I am out of options!

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@EmilieT is your last resort.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @AmyBird94, and sorry to hear about your experience so far worried I'd happily check with our gurus if there's anything they can do to help you further with this - I'll send you a Private Message now to get a few more details first.

Thanks @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5