Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Default destroying credit file

Ireland67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

2 years ago O2 made an error and didn’t close my account. The account was then sold to debt collectors. I have been harassed by the debt collectors since. I have called through numerous times and O2 have confirmed it’s an error by the original call handler and they have apologised. 3 times I have been promised that it was removed from my credit file. Every time I call o2 each team passes me back and forward and each team promises me they will call back which they never do. I have spent roughly 20 hours over the last 2 weeks being passed around team to team.

I need to speak to the credit amendment team but nobody seems to have the contact number for them…. 

I called through and was told to wait 7 working days, I waited 9 working days and am now being told it’s another 3 days…

After Googling “ o2 credit file error” this has happened numerous times ….

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Mejdou45
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello Emma, can you please help me with the same enquiry I have canceled my contract 2 years ago and got confirmation my debt will be cleared months ago but nothing happened since, it’s urgent as we are applying for a mortgage and we need a confirmation letter to show to our lender that the debt will be cleared.

thank you!

Message 11 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8106 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

I'm afraid Emma and all the other advisors are no longer here. O2 removed them over a year ago.

As there are only customers left we cannot do anything here now other than point you to the advice given

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 12 of 12