Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer services (closing times)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi all....has anyone got any new information about CS opening and closing times?

It's BH today but I have always understood they remained open during these times. On the contact us page there is no information that they are closed today.

However, my husband needed to contact them today (at 9.30am) He dialled 202, went through all the options only to be told 'Customer Services are now closed' Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well he has just got through...and yes CS are open from 10-4 today. His problem has been sorted and they have changed his security password.(apparently the text was sent as he has never contacted O2 CS in the past....) Funny sort of text to send to get someones attention?

It's the opening times on BH that are the issue here and yes O2 should amend the website contact us details to reflect the changes...

Besides everything else it made ME look an idiot Smiley Mad...I told him he was doing something wrong...I took the phone off him and tried myself...of course I got the same response ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 35

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Lol 😂
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 35

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You just had to check didn't you @Cleoriff........ 

Of course. I thought he may have pressed one of the wrong 1000 options....He hadn't (obviously)..innocent

One good thing about posting here though...when he did phone again (after 10 am) an O2 advisor answered within 3 minutes....champagne.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 35

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Fantastic slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 35

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I guess even customer service deserve a lie in.... 

However why not just put it on opening hours that all bank holidays are 10-4 😕

Message 16 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I guess even customer service deserve a lie in.... 

I might agree with that if all O2 Customer Services were based in the UK. They're not.. therefore August BH Monday is not a holiday anywhere else but here. it's not Easter or Christmas...upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 35

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Maybe just the uk call centres on shorter hours and the other lines were busy so calls not being patched through?
They always used to update the opening hours for bank holidays so maybe it's an error in the call handling system ?

Currently using:
Message 18 of 35

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Another error.... surely not. I'm shocked they would have an issue when people are on holiday and they need to contact O2. Bet you can get through to buy a phone or upgrade.... 

Message 19 of 35

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well if they have changed times it would be good to know as we are advising people to contact them. slight_frown

He had a weird text come through at 3.34am this morning stating ...

Ray text.PNG

He never did this and wanted to contact customer services to see whats going on...

@Cleoriff I got three of those in a row once, not down to me as I was on the beach at the time.  I reported it to the Phishing e-mail team at O2, who advised me to change my account password regardless. 

Jus'sayin'... open_mouth

Message 20 of 35