Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Customer services (closing times)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi all....has anyone got any new information about CS opening and closing times?

It's BH today but I have always understood they remained open during these times. On the contact us page there is no information that they are closed today.

However, my husband needed to contact them today (at 9.30am) He dialled 202, went through all the options only to be told 'Customer Services are now closed' Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well if they have changed times it would be good to know as we are advising people to contact them. slight_frown

He had a weird text come through at 3.34am this morning stating ...

Ray text.PNG

He never did this and wanted to contact customer services to see whats going on...

@Cleoriff I got three of those in a row once, not down to me as I was on the beach at the time.  I reported it to the Phishing e-mail team at O2, who advised me to change my account password regardless. 

Jus'sayin'... open_mouth

Thanks @pgn. Already done......:smileywink:

As I said though.... this wasn't really the issue (although I mentioned it in passing) it was the fact the contact CS details hadn't been changed to reflect the bank holiday. Only found that out after 3 attempts to phone them and then posting here.  It looks as if they have reverted back to Sunday opening times...but the details should be changed to reflect that...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 35

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Quite right, it was yesterday that I told someone to call at 8.30 this morning! 

Message 22 of 35

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Quite right, it was yesterday that I told someone to call at 8.30 this morning! 

Hope they didn't get up early on a BH to call then !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 23 of 35

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Hope not, I'll be getting hate mail... 😂

I still like you @jonsie Bouncy

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 25 of 35

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys,

I guess it is not easy to find but the open & closing times are there:

• Go to the Contact Us page
  • Then go to: Tell us what you want to talk about and we'll show you your options

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 12.18.17.png

• If you click on Prefer to speak to someone? you will get a list of all the departments with all their working hours. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 12.20.47.png

Here an example Pay Monthly Team

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 12.24.21.png

Thank you so much for the feedback. Let us know which page should be updated so we can report it to O2 Cheers

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 26 of 35

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

@MercedesS the issue was that the opening hours were different yesterday, being a bank/public holiday, however this wasn't reflected on the website. Actual opening hours for calls 10am - 4pm and for web chat 7am - 10pm.

It would be great if this information could be added onto the bottom of the list of opening times - 

Monday - Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Bank Holiday

Do realise that this may not be possible as different hours seem to apply to different bank holidays, however if that's the case then even a temporary addition in the week or so leading up to the day would help, as I know that a lot of the guys on here were very helpfully directing people to call yesterday, only to find that the lines weren't open at the usual time, which caused a bit of inconvenience to customers. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 27 of 35

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks @Wa10! feedback added heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 28 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

Hello guys,

I guess it is not easy to find but the open & closing times are there:

• Go to the Contact Us page
  • Then go to: Tell us what you want to talk about and we'll show you your options
  • If you click on Prefer to speak to someone? you will get a list of all the departments with all their working hours. 

Here an example Pay Monthly Team

Thank you so much for the feedback. Let us know which page should be updated so we can report it to O2 Cheers

Yes we found that @MercedesS  but my issue was that the CS line was NOT open at the time stated...Clearly states Mon -Friday 8.00-21.00 but as yesterday was a Bank Holiday they didnt actually open till 10am..and closed at 4pm...Something I discovered after posting and @Wa10 checking himself. We were asking that these details for BH times are included on the Contact Us section...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 35

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks so much @Cleoriff! You are so right, it should be included! 

We are sorry that you had to find out the worst way but it is a great feedback for O2 help pages thumbsup

Message 30 of 35