Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Customer Services

Hi,
Im new to this forum so i was hoping someone could help us out with my situation with O2. Ive sent them 3 e-mails via the customer service reveiw email and have no reply. Heres how my email went:

Hi,
I would like to file a complaint against O2. Ive been O2 customer since 2007 and have always paid my bill in full and on time. September 2009 my contract was due for renewal, as O2 didnt have anything suitable for me i wanted to stay with O2 as they have been a very good Mobile & Broadband provider for me. I sort of downgraded to the O2 Simplicity and kept my number going, i had heard rumours that O2 were going to bring the HTC HD2 out so i thought i would wait and see.
November 2009, called O2 Retentions for a PUK No as i was leaving to join Orange. I was told the HD2 is out and i could have it on a £45 monthly price plan. The usual minutes and text which you get in the package, so im still here with O2.
December 2009, i get my bill via email. £71. I understand i have made some calls to a 0871 number which has cost me £5 but didnt understand why i had been charged so much. At first i thought it was the VAT so i rung up Customer Services to find out. The female i spoke told me, due to me upgrading from a lower tariff i had to pay a month in advance which she said in her own words i should have been told this when the contract was taken out. At no point did the Retention Department Rep tell me i had to do this, if he had then i wouldnt have taken the contract. As a result of this i believe i have been used so that your employee's could get sales. I like O2 and value the service you provide but at no point have i accepted a contract with you to be humiliated. I am not very happy that i have to pay out nearly double the monthly amount to you and specially it being the festive session i need all the money i have. This situation needs dealing with and would like a manager to call me in regards to the actions he is going to take.
Thank you for listening
Merry Christmas
M Khan
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Customer Services

What email address are you sending it too?

Whilst I agree you should have been told, if you had already paid a month in advance on a sim only deal then upgraded during that month to a higher tariff, obviously O2 would have to backdate your line rental and charge you the extra that you owe them and it is common place to always pay a month in advance, you should notice you do this every month anyway.

Really not sure what they can/will offer you but good luck all the same!
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Customer Services

Yes that's right, its always the case that if you change tariff part way through that you would need to make up that part of the bill and then resume paying a month in advance. So there is nothing unusual there.

Please don't be offended, but when complaining you should stick to the facts and not embellish with imagined reasons for why something happened. It just adds confusion.

If you used the complaints review service then you need to allow time to investigate. It might take O2 a while if all the information is not to hand. The independent arbitrator Oftel says that you should allow up to 8 weeks. However, I don't think it will take that long.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Customer Services

Too be honest I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

You must have upgraded not long after a bill was produced.
You pay your line rental in advance with o2. When your next bill will have been produced after the upgrade you'll have been refunded the simplicity line rental you paid in advance and been charged for the HD2 line rental you'd used instead. You'll then obviously have your normal one month in advance line rental on there.

So the bill will be correct, you aren't due any money from them, it's a standard process.

Ok, the guy at retentions could have made you aware that your next bill will look different than you're used to and will be a bit more because of the adjustment from moving from a lower to a higher tariff, maybe he forgot, we're all human.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Customer Services

It's not great that you weren't told about this, but has been said, it's normal practice.

I'm not entirely sure how it would have "humiliated" you though. O2 do provide the ability to pay be credit card if you needed to spread the cost. They could perhaps have suggested this to you.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Customer Services

It's not great that you weren't told about this, but has been said, it's normal practice.

I'm not entirely sure how it would have "humiliated" you though. O2 do provide the ability to pay be credit card if you needed to spread the cost. They could perhaps have suggested this to you.

Finally - did you include your telephone number or address in your email to O2? Unfortunately the Customer Services staff may have difficulty in finding your account without this information.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Customer Services

If you want to speak with a manager phone them. It's free from your phone.
The charges are correct, you are billed a month in advance (like always). If you was halfway through your billing period, you would have been charged half of your new tariff, you will have half of your old tariff credited back and then you will have one months line rental on top.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: O2 Customer Services

Hi,
Im new to this forum so i was hoping someone could help us out with my situation with O2. Ive sent them 3 e-mails via the customer service reveiw email and have no reply. Heres how my email went:
M Khan

The on-line support is on different teams, isn't it? last time I had a problem, they had it solved within 24 hours though, usually quiet efficient. So you probably should provide them with some of your details like phone numbers, date of birth etc.

That being said, due to the latest snowfall weather and short of staff at call centre, I couldn't help noticing some agitating or patronising tones from their agents on their customer service call teams, occasional cutting you off just after the line is through, slightly longer waiting queues, etc.

All totally understandable as they face more pressures, and bound to make some mistakes. However the fact is, the standard of service has been slipping, for sure, for the past a couple of weeks.

The role of customer service is to defuse the problems, not to escalate it. However it is also noted in many call centres not to apologize unnecessarily, as some customers are just going to take advantage of that, which do happen occasionally. That's why you seldom see call centre guys apologizing these days or sticky posts on forum saying they are sorry, which they see as creating problems for them, not as bring customers closer towards them. On this matter, O2 is no exception, nor exceptional, like many other call centres.

Nevertheless it is far better to have more professional courtesies to ADMIT that their colleagues have made mistakes and will ratify it or will find some mutually agreeable solutions ASAP, than just fobbing customers off, and hope the next call agent will deal with customers' issues; the problems, after all, will not go away.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Customer Services

this is standard practicve and while yes the advisor should have informed you i really dont see what the big problem is.