cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Chat nightmare!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had to contact o2 via o2 chat recently on a number of occasions due to a cancelled upgrade. Firstly to cancel the upgrade which I was then assured I would not receive...which I then received. I have returned the phone, sim and accessories all in one parcel which I was assured was fine. I have now been told that they only have record of receiving the phone but nothing else...how when it was all in one parcel I really don't know. I was then assured that I have been returned to my original tariff...which I haven't I have been put onto a more expensive tariff. But whenever I try to contact o2 chat, chat starts and then a couple of minutes in changes to "chat not initialized" and closes down. This has happened over 15 times in the last couple of days so I am no nearer to sorting this out. I work away so phoning isn't an option at the moment. Any ideas????

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Are you Pay Monthly or Pay & Go? When you say you work away, do you mean that you're abroad? You can call O2 for free from your mobile from abroad on +44 3448090202 if you are a Pay Monthly customer. Speaking to Customer Services will get you better results than Live Chat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Live chat are non uk outsourced call centres who are generally ok for low level General enquiries.

Please use the appropriate number in http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to phone O2.

Here is the complaint official link just incase http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had to contact o2 via o2 chat recently on a number of occasions due to a cancelled upgrade. Firstly to cancel the upgrade which I was then assured I would not receive...which I then received. I have returned the phone, sim and accessories all in one parcel which I was assured was fine. I have now been told that they only have record of receiving the phone but nothing else...how when it was all in one parcel I really don't know. I was then assured that I have been returned to my original tariff...which I haven't I have been put onto a more expensive tariff. But whenever I try to contact o2 chat, chat starts and then a couple of minutes in changes to "chat not initialized" and closes down. This has happened over 15 times in the last couple of days so I am no nearer to sorting this out. I work away so phoning isn't an option at the moment. Any ideas????

I've never got that far. At work it is better to use a chat service than let everyine hear your personal business...... but it always says they are looking for someone....

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had dealings with them over the last few weeks and I believe it should be rebranded Live Chit because they are just saying anything to fob the customer off.

I had five contracts with O2 and after the lies and Bull Chit it is now down to three and they will be going as soon as I possibly can rid myself of them.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just used livechat and had 'chat not initialized' and something about a cookie not matching!?  

I resolved the issue by clearing my cache and cookies.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've just used livechat and had 'chat not initialized' and something about a cookie not matching!?  

I resolved the issue by clearing my cache and cookies.

Hi and Welcome to the Forum. 

A valid piece of advice. 

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just joined o2 and having problems, got a PAC code with nowhere to put it. Tried chat 22 times and it aways ended up with "Chat not initialized."  Now been on hold for 15 mins, in a queue!

Not have a good time with o2 and I've not even started yet!!!!

Message 8 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just joined o2 and having problems, got a PAC code with nowhere to put it. Tried chat 22 times and it aways ended up with "Chat not initialized."  Now been on hold for 15 mins, in a queue!

Not have a good time with o2 and I've not even started yet!!!!

Fill out the form linked to here http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

No need to speak to anyone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions