cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 CANNOT PORT MY NUMBER TO SAVE THEIR LIFE!

clivityuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am SOOO FED UP with this o2 garbage and getting ready to cancel my new contract and phone (under the 14 day cancellation policy)

I dumped my Virgin phone in favor of O2 last week.  So on THURSDAY JUNE 1st at 5:33PM I asked for my old number to be ported.   

We are now at OVER THREE BUSINESS DAYS since the request and NOTHING has been done.  I have reported it via online chat numerous times and they ALL say the same crap: "So sorry" "We understand" "Maybe technical issue" NO ONE AT O2 evidently has a CLUE what the hell is going on. This is simply unacceptable.

This has cost me 2 days of business (I allowed 24 hours for the port as most networks do it SAME DAY!).  I am so fed up with this relationship and its only 5 days old!  Think I have no choice but to cancel and go to a REAL network.  This has been PATHETIC!  Shame on you O2 for duping me!!!!

As you can tell I am *bleep*

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would forget live chat and speak to someone in customer service. Nothing would have been done over weekend but it can take 3 or 4 days. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would forget live chat and speak to someone in customer service. Nothing would have been done over weekend but it can take 3 or 4 days. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 20

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They told me 1-2 business days MAX.  We are now entering business day 4

Will take your advice and call them, don't hold out much hope as they seem to be clueless

Message 3 of 20

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 don't do the porting. All networks use a 3rd party anyway.
As it was late Thursday the request wouldn't have been auctioned until Friday, then with nothing happening over the weekend I would expect it to happen today or tomorrow tbh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 20

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Want to hear the BEST part LOLOL I called o2 customer service at the advice of the poster above, they said "We are having a problem with online web representatives reporting these requests, so please can I have your info"

So on Thursday at 5:30PM when I requested the port online, and the subsequent FOUR online chats I had MEANT NOTHING!  They all gave me lip service but customer service just told me they didnt do a damn thing LOL

My number is now supposed to be ported within 24 hours.  That is a damn shame all that time I wasted.  So the moral of the story, assuming I actually get ported now, is DO NOT USE O2 ONLINE WEB HELP FOR PORTING!

I am floored but hopeful this will be resolved tomorrow based on my recent conversation.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any better....

Message 5 of 20

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You are 100% correct, worked in telecom for 25 years, understand the porting process.  Thats why it BAFFLED me that these 3rd parties handle all other network requests USUALLY within 24 business hoursbut DID NOT even ACKNOWLEDGE my port with O2.  (again I allowed almost 96 business hours in this case)

But calling customer service seemed to be a solution......ASSUMING they do what they assured me they would.

Even the rep said, "no way it should be taking this long" lol then he saw it was never even PUT THROUGH by the online web chat reps. 

Classic stuff!

Message 6 of 20

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you read a few posts on here you'll see that we never recommend using live chat either.
For future or for anyone else reading this, the online forms are here which work fine too.
http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 20

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well I am a testament to this statement you have put forth.  Never using the chat again. Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction!  Sincerely! Sorry I never read any of the other posts...just posted here out of last minute frustration.

Message 8 of 20

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Ports from Virgin a lot of the time take a lot longer than other networks, so I would be asking Virgin if they held up the port as well.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@clivityuk wrote:

Well I am a testament to this statement you have put forth.  Never using the chat again. Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction!  Sincerely! Sorry I never read any of the other posts...just posted here out of last minute frustration.

Fingers crossed it's all sorted now anyway for you mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 20