cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 - Awful call quality. Mutes intermittently & sounds underwater.

KarinK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After calling O2 customer service so many times and getting no resolution I now have to rely on Whatsapp calls. 

Very embarrassing that while using O2 network to call anyone I have to warn the other person that when the call goes silent for many seconds, I will still be there when the “mute” stops and to please not think I’ve hung up on them. Plus when they say it sounds like I’m underwater or my phone sounds like a 1970s sci fi recording, that it is not my fault but the O2 network. 

Despite pleading with O2 customer service & O2 gurus on a weekly basis, O2 can’t resolve this issue. I know I can’t be the only one experiencing this. 

I have two O2 contracts and feel completely duped. 

Can anyone advise me please?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Download this app to report the issue https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

KarinK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 say nothing they can do so have to go elsewhere.
Great! Been an O2 customer for 15 years!
Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Best option to be honest. Try some free other network sim cards in your phone. I wouldn't be struggling with O2 if they can't help sort their network out in your dstrict.

Message 13 of 13