cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 3g coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have been with O2 for years now back when it was BT Cellnet.   But now having moving into the mobile age and wanting reliable internet access when out and about i am finding that O2 is lacking in this department.  I have recently been on holiday to Scotland and Northumberland and could rarely get anything other that G, not even 2G.   However my TMobile Mobile WIFI device always had a good 3G signal. 

I appreciate that EE (previously T mobile and Orange) are now one of the bigger providers and thus have access to more network coverage but i find O2 is pretty naff. 

I have found similar poor signal comparisions in Derbyshire and Yorkshire.

Anyone else having similar issues or are there plans to improve O2's data signals.

Thanks

Jan

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Not just phoneline but BT Broadband.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks I thought that was the case
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use Bt Hotspots but theirs a fee to pay which IMO is rather high.

Or use someone you know log in Bt info with their permission obviously.
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
ahh good idea hadn't thought of that
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have unlimited Bt wifi hotspot minutes and I've done it for trusted friends and family.
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just been chatting to a very lovely lady from the network team who couldn't give me a straight answer as to the 3G coverage of O2. I've been having problems with it flitting to GPS more often than not. Anyone else have this it's been happening for well over 6 weeks so I fear my time with ot will soon be at an end if they can't offer me the service I pay for...
Message 16 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Unfortunately it's very common at the moment whilst the network upgrades are taking place....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 17